Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, Sammy will put his paws on my husbands shoulders and licks and nibbles his ears everytime he goes to see sammy. He will not do this with me or anyone else.  I was at the dog park the other day and a lady had her male boxer there and said hers does the same thing to her husband but not to her.  I was wondering if anyone's boxer does this and why.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Luther does that to me as well.  He does not with my wife and kids.  I would like to hear some reasons myself...

I love it, because it drives my wife NUTS... HE SOAKS ME....

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
LOL about this. Donner does the same with hubby after work only he does his WHOLE head!! I just figured he liked the salty taste :lol:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Maybe you husband doesn't keep his ears as clean  :lol: Duke doesn't really do that to Adam so I don't know the real reason, do you have long hair? That may be why, easier access to your husband's ears.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Angel gets both me & Marq on occasion...She also nibbles too and loves to nibble our nose & chin for some reason 8O

·
Registered
59 Posts
Allie does the same thing to my Bf, no one else.  Maybe it's the after-shave or cologne?  Don't know but he thinks he's special  :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am glad to hear Sammy is not the only one doing this. It is funny and weird and I wonder why they do this and to mostly men.

·
Registered
663 Posts
My dogs do this too.  I thought it might be from the sweat, my husband works outside.  Plus he wears a hat and sometimes they kind of smell from all the sweat... I know, GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  but I guess the dogs like it....

·
Registered
977 Posts
Oh yes :eek:  you're probably right - they probably like the salty taste :) . Voltaire does it to my husband too - and he also gets carried away and nibbles :roll:

·
Registered
905 Posts
I think it's a social grooming thing.  When I lived with my friend last year I noticed her rottie, Buzz, doing it to Tink a lot.  Tink would just sit there almost like she was in a little trance.  Tink now does it to Hector the odd time, and Buzz also does it to her owner and pretty much anyone who'll sit still long enough for her to get started!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ok, I ran this topic by Marq to get his thoughts as Angel does do this more with him than me. Came to the conclusion it's the salt, but mostly cos their ears are exposed more than us females  :) Makes sense when you think about it....Also Buck was an incessant licker of men, and it definitely was the salty taste...He would lick the ex raw if he could.... :lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
:rofl:  :rofl:  Eimear that's too funny.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts