Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We go out boating alot in the summer, and I will be taking tyson with us, anyone have a boxer that you bing on the water? Any good recommendations on where to get one and or what kind of vest?

·
Registered
441 Posts
we have life vests for ours, I got them from petedge on clearance for $5!

These were the first time they went out in them, They had to be altered a little so it wasn't so big around their necks!

We had wanted to take the dogs kayaking with us, so we wanted to be sure they had life vests in case they decided to jump in the bay....we have yet to actually take them tho.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[quote="HannaBanana\";p=\"70995":1uwcggtx]I will look at it tonight - I think it may fit - its

·
Registered
780 Posts
We got ours at Pet Supplies Plus.   Ziggi swims in our pool and sinks like a rock without his vest.  His is an XL, he is just 89lbs (or was at his last vet visit in the fall).   We found that the vests are made for a full bodied dog like a lab, the area that goes around his waist/belly is too large but with this vest you can adjust that with the velcro closing so that makes it nice.  The neck is the same way.  

Here he is in it.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Do they need vest? I never really thought about it, Adam wants to take Duke fishing with him and I didn't even think to get him a vest.  I guess I will look into it now that I know.

·
Registered
780 Posts
[quote="DUKE01\";p=\"71171":ajew1vcn]Do they need vest? I never really thought about it, Adam wants to take Duke fishing with him and I didn't even think to get him a vest.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
[quote="DUKE01\";p=\"71171":30cfc4s7]Do they need vest? I never really thought about it, Adam wants to take Duke fishing with him and I didn't even think to get him a vest.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
HOLY COW WILLOW!!! Thats amazing! I dont think ive ever had a boxer who would willingly go jumping into the water! They would rather walk in and stand there.  :roll:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts