Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for all  the people that have a male boxer how old way your dog before he started to lift the leg to pee and is there a certasin way to teach them to do it?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I dont have a male but Im pretty sure it just comes naturally!!! My friends male boxer, Jameson didnt lift his leg until 8-12 months! Its deferent between dogs! My dads dog who is 10 now(a neutered lab/rotty mix) still doesnt lift his leg!! Im pretty sure though if he stays intact (keeps his berries :wink: ) then he will lift his leg sooner then a male that was neutered before he started lifting his leg lol If Im wrong please feel free to correct me :roll:  lol

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Well, our Rocky was 22 months old when he died.  He had just started to lift a leg, but only when the neighbor's dog was watching. :lol:
Henry is 10 months old and still doesn't lift a leg yet.
Who knows!  
I personally like it better that there is no leg lifting!   :wink:
Z

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It's not something you can teach, or every male would be out there trying to teach their little boy dogs how to do it..Sorry guys,,,Just had to say that... :) Buck was about 10 mos when he first hiked his leg and I was acting like a fool when he did..Jumping up and down, saying that he was now a man,,,Kinda silly actually...My sister's Golden, Jake, she had him neutered at 6 mos and he has never hiked his leg, Samson was neutered right before I got him, so I don't know about him...My take is it seems that neutered dogs a lot of time won't hike, especially if it's done young, I may be wrong on this tho..So, if it happens, it happens, but you can't force it....

·
Registered
186 Posts
i have never had a male boxer, but i did have a diff kind of male pup one time, he started areound 9 months, and didnt stop. i had to give him away lol

·
Registered
1 Posts

HI! I know you posted this question in July but I was reading the responses you got and most of them were from people who don't have a male Boxer themselves! I DO have a male Boxer. In fact, today is his 3rd Birthday. He did not start lifting his leg until well after he turned 1 yr. old. I remember thinking it was strange too! He was probably more like 14 months before he did it regularly. We did not get him neutered because we wanted to breed him and he showed now signs when he was younger that he would lift his leg inside the house. He does lift his leg inside sometimes but only when we are not home! That was why I ended up on this sight in the first place. I was looking for ways to stop his leg lifting and I ended up reading your post first. So happy leg lifting to your Boxer! I just hope for your sake he saves it for outside!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Males begin lifting their legs between the ages of 6 and 12 months of age. It's not unusual for them to relieve themselves either way.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Interesting.  When I got Kane he always lifted his leg and usually took him 3 or 4 vertical objects to mark before he was finished.  Now that he's at home and feels secure, he just stands there and goes which seems more efficient.  lol  By that I mean he will empty his bladder at one time instead of needing to walk half a mile to get it done.  So marking versus just getting down to business seems like a good answer to me.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
My little guy doesn't lift his leg yet, put he is still very young.  (I think it's cute...bu tI think everything he does is cute :))

1 - 10 of 10 Posts