Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to share this with everyone.  I'm not a prideful person.  Proud yes (isn't everyone to a point), but, prideful, no.

So my hubby and I took my kids trick or treating last night.  Nearly every house we went to, except for the ones where everyone (esp the neighborhood kids) new us, ooooohed and aaaaaahed over Lilly.  They asked to meet her and my kids got to introduce her (they were so proud...running around the neighborhood telling ppl that Lilly was off-duty).

So we get to one of the last houses in the neighborhood where several very BIG GUYS in VERY CREEPY costumes were standing on the sidewalk ushering the kids towards the carport/garage to get candy from a nice looking "Little Red Riding Hood".  Now up to this point Lilly, was fine.  She just thought she was on an awesome walk.  However, that all changed when the guy wearing the Jason mask scared my little heathens (not one of the three of them wanted anywhere near him; they didn't initially see him when they were walking up, so he was a surprise).  Lilly wasn't into to the whole scare my babies thing (although I'm sure he got that reaction plenty of times last night).  So she DRAGS me to the front of the group pushing past adults and stepping lightly around kids to get to HER heathens.  When I say DRAG I mean DRAG.  All I could do was hold on and hope I didn't fall.  This is the first time she has ever pulled that crap on me, but I have to forgive her for it, just based on the purpose for doing it.

Anyways, we get to the front of the group and Lilly steps between this guy and ALL the kids (my kids had magickally become part of a group/hoard) and stacked up.  She proceeded to stare him down.  Several guys (in costumes) in this group asked me if Lilly is a Boxer.  I answered, all the while Lilly protecting the hoard of kids my children had joined from the "Jason" that had scared them.  These guys asked me where I got Lilly and all the typical questions, when, of a sudden, Lilly went off guard duty and started to ask me to greet them.  I look up to see my children look at me, having emerged from the hoard victorious, and begin walking down the street with "Daddy the Sweets Hater".  So I start making the necessary polite thank you's and all that so I can follow my family, when "Jason", who I realized was carrying a "machette" [sp], asked if he could cut Lilly in half.  So, I'll admit it put my back up, but what happened next got me to laughing so hard I ended up trying to  walk down the street blinded by tears.  All I could do was look at him (we were already walking past him) when all of a sudden Lilly popped a squat and wizzed on his feet!!!!!!! :lol:   I was floored and just a little bit embarrassed, but I quickly recovered and had to "cough" to cover up how hard I was laughing.  I asked him, after apologizing, if he still wanted to cut her in half.  He very loudly stated that he would refrain from insulting Boxers at that time.  He then told me I was right about them being smart.  

I just thought I'd share my "OMG!!!!  I can't believe she did that!!!" moment, from last night.

Hope you enjoyed.  I'll post my kids Halloween pix up in a bit...

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
OMG! that is hysterical...

Had our own little encounter last night!

Shaun was walking Jessie and a got yelled at by a woman who told him to get that pitbull away from her and her kids!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG!!!  That's one of the reasons I'm not a fan of Halloween.  Because so many ppl are constumed, alot of the stupid ppl blend in and look somewhat intelligent....

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="lillyzmomma\";p=\"44302":1vpoiges]OMG!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hmmmmm....that must be an often occurence. We ran into the same problem with our Oscar boy last night. Group of teens just about took out my little 4 yr old nephew when they came barreling down the stairs from a house and I told them to watch for the little ones and they caught an eyeful of Oscar and started running thier mouths about how he was a pit bull or for sure had pitbull in him and was going to attack them at any moment.  :roll:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa way to go Lilly...ahaahahahahahaha

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup...thats my girl!!!!

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
WooHoo Lilly!  :lol:

·
Registered
294 Posts
That's great, "Good Girl Lilly!"   :lol:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
ROTFLOLOLOLOOLO! OMG>..You GO, Lilly! ROTFLOL! THAT is FABULOUS!! OMG...way to go Lilly, you smart little butt kicker you! :)

That is just too much...I will be laughing ALL day! :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Way to go Lilly, smart girl you had him all figured out.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
That is great :) I laughed so hard.  What a good dog.  I tell people all the time how smart boxers are and they don't believe me.  I think I'm going to share this story with them.  :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
As I started reading your story Liz, I honestly had noooo idea it was going to turn out that way and boy did I laugh like crazy when I got to the end. Really wasn't expecting that..Go Lilly, you are my hero  :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts