Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I have stated before, I am going deaf.  The "disease" that is causing this also causes other symptoms.  One of which being the DREADED vertigo!!!  

Everyone...Please keep in mind that this is NOT a behavior that Lilly has been trained to perform....

This morning, shortly after waking, I had a vertigo spell.  Unlike most of my spells, this one was pretty bad and put me on the floor.  Lilly responded by laying on top of me to keep me from getting up and began vocalizing (whining really loud) to get my hubbies attention.

When my hubby got there, he tried to pick Lilly up to get me to the couch, but she WOULD NOT budge!!!  He sat with me until Lilly decided I was okay and got up.  She didn't get up until the spell had completely passed (30 minutes) and then she proceeded to bean, dance and woowoo as I got up.  Let's just say she got LOT'S OF PRAISE and my hubby broke out my homemade dog jerky treats and gave her three for her GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!  I can honestly say that if she hadn't kept me on the floor, I would probably be hurling and still have vertigo right now.

Thank you, GOD, for blessing me with Lilly!!!!  And my Hubby thanks You too!!!

Liz, J, and Lilly

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:  Way to go Lilly! That is fabulous!!  I really believe that dogs can sense things that us humans can't. What a good girl! Give Lilly a "great job" hug from me and Maddie!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
That is unbelieveable..!!!!!!

Yay for Silly Lilly and you!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think she got that and gained five pounds with the treats my hubby gave her.  It scares the heck out of him when I have spells like that.  She definately put him at ease and reinforced her position as the greatest dog he has ever known.

LOL!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Wow, that is wonderful.  Boxers are so smart.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Good job Lily!  Sorry to hear that you are experiencing the dreaded Vertigo.  It is not fun!  I am really proud of her for protecting mommy and not allowing you to move until she though you were better.

I too have heard of dogs that can sense when their owners are about to have a spell, whether it be diabetic, epilepsy, etc.  They are all wonderful in my book!  I think she is the best dog in the world too!

·
Registered
948 Posts
:clap:  :clap:  :dance:  :dance:  :cheers: Go Lilly!!!! That amazing!! I don't know anything about vertigo but thank goodness you have Lilly in your life!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vertigo sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It feels like you are stationary, but everything else in your environment is spinning out of control around you like a REALLY BAD ROLLER COASTER!!!!!

Its very disorienting and can make you super sick!!!!

If it weren't for her I would still be out of the loop right now!!!!!!!!  

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
302 Posts
lillyzmomma\";p=\"11565 said:
Vertigo sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It feels like you are stationary, but everything else in your environment is spinning out of control around you like a REALLY BAD ROLLER COASTER!!!!!
Concur... I've had vertigo for years and I think it's only getting worse... I never get it on flat ground, but so-much as take three steps on a ladder and the world starts spinning fast.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
What a great story..Brought tears to me eyes and then I was beaming at the intelligence these babies have....I have had Vertigo several times and the last episode scared the crap out of Marq..That was a year ago and he still keeps asking me if I have had any more...Heights are definitely an issue for me now and even going up steep narrow roads freak me out....

WAY TO GO LILLY!!!!  :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Lily is a special girl.  It is amazing how well dogs can tune into their owners.  She deserved all those treats for taking care of you!!!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, she deserved the treats but was pretty upset when I cut her meal back to account for the number of treats she had!!!!  

I'm am so proud of her!!!!!

Liz and Lilly

1 - 16 of 16 Posts