Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have been trying to find a food that I can feed all three of my dogs. Roxie has severe allergies and I have heard feeding a LID food is better than a grain free diet for dogs with allergies but when I looked into LID food consumer reviews are good but dog food adviser and dog food analysis show it being not so good. If I could afford to feed raw I could but my food budget for three dogs is $175 a month and I don't think I can feed raw with that amount.
Any advise would be great.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
The California Naturals LID diets look like they are also labeled "Grain Free" because they don't contain potato, corn, soy, dairy or eggs. The Natural Balance LID diets don't all have white potato, but potato is not a grain anyway! Confusing. It looks like some of the advisers didn't like the use of oil, like canola! I know dogs can react to poultry fat, or other animal fats if they have allergies. To make a diet hypoallergenic you'd need to use a vegetable-based oil, but both these products have Salmon oil, and say a balance of Omega 6 and 3. Many of the dog food advising sites don't really help much with a diet designed for specific health conditions unless they have specific credentials in veterinary nutrition, and illness.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My other 2 don't have allergies but it's hard to feed one dog a different diet because sometimes they will eat each others food so it would nice to feed them all the same. The Natural balance was the one I was looking into but I will look into the others too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I always liked Zignature as a limited ingredient option. They have a handful of flavors to try and all are single protein and grain, potato, and chicken free. They also have contests on their Facebook page all the time to win free food!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone for the recommendations!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts