Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need your help! Tank is 2 years old and limping. He normally lays at the foot of the bed and I have a feeling he jumped off the bed in the middle of the night( something he had been doing since her was a pup). He had been limping all the time and now just occasionally limps(like after napping) I felt the back of his hind leg and felt a mass the size of a quarter deep in the muscle tissue...He doesn't wimper with palaption but seems to baby the back leg. Any answers? I have been giving him some benadryl for some of the inflammation...Can dogs tear an ACL or something? Thank you!!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
He definitely needs to be seen by a vet ASAP.....Yes, they can tear things, just like humans, but the lump concerns me more as Boxers are cancer prone.....Please keep us posted on what you find out

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
sorry tank is not feeling so well, i agree with willow-i would take him to the vet as soon as you can. please keep us posted on how he is doing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for yor words of encouragement. I have done a little research myself...and over the past 12 hours Tank has not been limping at all. I still feel the lump but I am almost certain that it is the superficial lateral popliteal lymph node. I am a registered nurse and have looked over some doggie anatomy and it really does feel exactly what a lymph node feels like. He does not show nay signs of discomfort with palpation. I will keep a very close eye on him and monitor any development until after the holiday and than perhaps I will take him to the vet...Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts