Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed Champ favoring his right rear leg on his walks for the last couple of days.  I am worried that this might be a symptom of hip dysplasia.   He did fall one day last week while playing in the house on the hard tile floor.   He has a habit of standing up on his hind legs and jumping backwards when he plays and he slipped and fell.      Otherwise, he seems fine and doesn't appear to be in pain.  He still wants to play and begs to go for his walks but I'm still worried.  

I have an appointment with the vet tomorrow to see what she thinks.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Hopefully he is just sore from his fall.  Does he limp all the time or just after some activity?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems to be only when trotting along on his walks and more pronounced when walking on pavement then when walking in grass.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Make sure they test him for lime disease as well. I'm not sure what type of prevention you are currently using but I fostered a boxer once who tested positive and this was one the signs they told me to look out for.

Good luck and I hope all turns out well.  :wink:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Logan,  I never even thought of lime disease.  We do have deer around here and preserves throughout our development with other wildlife.  I do check them for ticks and have yet to find one.   I'll be sure to mention this to the vet tomorrow.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We haven't seen her yet.  Shes not in today.  Have an appointment at 1:30 tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Positive thoughts and vibes heading your way that this is just  a sore hip or leg. Let us know what the vet says.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts