Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an email from my neighbor (another boxer owner) and she is looking for help.  A friend of hers rescued this wonderful little girl boxer and she cannot keep her.  I do not have room for another one and the OH would disown me if I tried.

She is in Central Illinois and we do not have a boxer rescue group around here.  Let me know if there is anyone in our area that would be willing to take her on.  I can pass on the appropriate information at a later date.

Here is an excerpt of the email she received and some pix.

Hi Guys,

Well, I did it again....I made a rescue, and this young lady needs a good home. She was being abused, locked in a kennel for 23 hrs a day, being kept on a porch with no heat, the water was frozen, and the temp was only 19 degrees, she had no food, her water was frozen, no blankets, not a thing to keep her warm. She has lost at least 15 lbs since I saw her last, she has been beaten and yelled at and made to feel like a bad dog.

I am ashamed to say that this dog belonged to a relative of mine. I have taken her with their permission. She is now in my home, being fed puppy chow to put on weight, vitamins to aid her immune system and is being given lots of love.

I cannot keep her, because I have 3 other dogs and one cat....that need my attention. Please help me find a home for this beautiful dog.

Her name is Precious, she is 5 yrs old. Spayed, Fawn, Up on all shots and heartworm. Vet records are at The vets office in Arcola IL. She is good around Kids, but does not get along real well with other dogs...( I am assuming this is because she has not been around others much , she is doing better now that she has been here for a few days )

She is house broken, but has had a few accidents since her rescue, mainly when separated, or when she thinks she is going to be left alone, she is still scared.

She likes baths, she loves cheese. She will sit on command. She is kennel trained, but I have not put her in the kennel since bringing her here.

If you know of anyone, that can love this dog and provide a good home, please let me know. I do not want to take her to the humane society if I can help it.

Anything you could do would be appreciated. Thanks, Cindy

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Awww she's so cute! I wish I lived closer. What a sad life she's had. Hopefully, she will find her forever home where she will be taken care of properly and shown the love that she deserves. Keep us updated on Precious.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE: Little Boxer girl needs help!

I found a boxer owner friend who lives in St. Louis that is willing to take her!  I am sooo excited!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
A big thank you to you for helping out! I'm glad this girl is going to a good home.  :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I'm doing the happy dance around the office  :lol: I knew her from another forum but after we started talking I found out she did business with our company a couple of years ago.  Sure is a small world  :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I am soo glad to hear that Precious found a home..That was fast..I was just going to get the info from you and pass it on to some people that might be able to help....

That poor girl..She is such a cutie too...I do not understand how people can do this..It is hard for me to comprehend.....Precious huny, you are safe now and on your way to a much better life....Hugs for you sweet girl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts