Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uh oh! I was cuddling with our baby this morning and noticed a small bump (size of a pencil eraser) on his back leg muscle. It seems to be under the skin and its pretty hard. It doesn't seem to bother him though. Are Boxers prone to any skin diseases? Is it something we should go to the Vet for? I don't want to be a over dramatic Mom, but I just want to make sure he is okay!  :(

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
id personally have it checked by the vet but that is because i worry a lot. It could be a hysticytomo which they are prone to ive heard..maverick had one and it went away on its own but better check and be safe rather than sorry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
most likely it is a lymph node.  our boxer is thin and i can feel them all over her.  the one behind her knee is the popliteal, as long as it is not huge, its probably ok!

·
Registered
882 Posts
I would deffinately take him in to the vet and get that checked out, because if it is something bad it's always good to catch it early....Also it's good piece of mind to for you to get a professional opinion...but i'm also a worry wart when it comes to my baby!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am a BIG worry wart too! To the Vet we will go... Thanks for all your help

I cant believe how many beautiful doggies are on here...I love this site!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yea, bumps tend to get me worried..Most of the time they are nothing, but it never hurts to check....

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I had a lump removed off Chloe's back few months ago and even tho it turned out to be nothing and it left one heck of a scar, I feel so much better knowing it's gone.  Please keep us posted

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE! This is a little odd...I found the bump yesterday morning and now I can't find it (good, I hope).  I searched multiple times, on both sides...the little guy loved it, thought he was getting a massage! I guess I will keep an eye on the area to see if anything else pops up. Maybe it was there for a while and I just didn't notice...although I am a pretty big worry wart and notice any little change in him...hehe!  :wink:

Thanks again for all your help! I appreciate it!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Good news, hope it stays gone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts