Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past few days Daisy has developed a few little bumps on her chin that are like little lumps but sometimes when she eats it has made them bleed. I have been applying a tea tree cream to them to try and sooth them for her.  I think they first appeared after Daisy continuously ate a rawhide bone rather frantically one night. They do seem to be getting better but I just wondered if anyone has any idea as to what they may be or if they may have been caused by her eating a rawhide bone.

·
Registered
744 Posts
How old is your girl?

Each one of my girls has hit a stage at which they've gotten pimples under their chins right around 6-10 months. Prevention is keeping the area clean and dry and feeding from a metal bowl instead of a plastic or ceramic one. If breakouts occur, you can use Noxema pads under their chins to dry out the area and clean up the infection.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the advice. Daisy is 18 months old now. She has always been fed from stainless steel bowls. The area to the sides around her mouth on her jowls also looks a bit sore and red. I'm still wondering if it's from eating a rawhide bone quite obsessively!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Daisy now only has one bump on her chin but has developed one by her nose and a whole serious of bumps and sore redness on her mouth. Today, just from eating a bowl of dried food she started to bleed.
We have tried treating it with melesab antibacterial and antifungal shampoo but there's definitely no improvement. If anything it's getting worse. I'm definitely gonna have to take her to the vets with it.

Heather

P.S- Does anyone's boxer "eat" their floppy jowels for instance when they yawn? Daisy will yawn and when she shuts her mouth her chops will go in her mouth and she has to sort of spit them out after pulling a very funny face. I don't know if this is worsening her sore face in any way, as she does this quite a bit also when she is playing with her toys sometimes. Does anyone have a clue what I am on about?!  :?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts