Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had experience with liver inflammation and high level of liver enzymes? Just had exploratory surgery; biopsy of liver, and slightly thickened Ilium. Waiting for results. In meantime on liver medication and anti-biotics

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Well welcome aboard in anycase and "this is a pretty crappy way to find us?" :(

Hopefully all will go well. And on this specific issue I have no idea? But perhaps someone else does and they will see your post? Wishing you both the best in anycase as we all understand what you are going thru. Take care.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
No I have never heard of liver problems only in dogs that have ingested some form of mouse poison or some other toxin. I did read something related to that with those all in one flea tick heart worm medications I think I hope they find out what’s wrong with your dog, please let us know what happens good thoughts and prayers to you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, we are two weeks out from the exploratory surgery. Waiting on all the biopsies. Skin biopsy showing high level of lymphocytes. Waiting to see if they are cancerous or if this is an auto-immune issue. The liver biopsy shows hepatitis. They are leaning towards auto-immune. My heart hurts from how much I want my playful three year-old back.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I am so sorry this is happening that’s awful. We all just want our dogs to be happy and healthy so it’s hard when things go wrong. I hope you get an answer soon and your dog can be treated. Prayers to you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Writing back finally. The magic/smoke and mirrors of medicine seem to point that the liver issues were due to toxicity to the Apequel (Allergy meds). My vet thought the skin issues on our dog's anus and snout were allergies but in fact were lymphoma. We are now on a chemotherapy protocol and he is in remission at 3.5 years old.Please don't automatically listen to your vet, if you have a gut feeling go with it. A simple test would have saved us exploratory surgery, liver issues and possibly added a few more months to our fur-child's life.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I agree with this too many people automatically do every test and surgery known to man and end up getting put thru the financial wringer and dogs suffering pain and damage from invasive tests. I don’t automatically do everything Drs tell me to do for myself either, take time and think about things a bit if you can do some research before agreeing. I am sorry your dog is going thru this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts