Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My White Boxer, Rex, is about 2.5 y/o. I rescued him about a year ago and have been having gi issues since. I've tried several foods (currently on Pulsar grain free fish formula) and I also mix in fiber a supplement & probiotics. We typically walk about 2 miles in the morning. His poo is great in the morning when we first start off! However, after about a mile, it gets much worse, very loose, sometimes liquid- no signs of blood, weird colors, or heavy mucus. He is very energetic, great appetite, no vomitting, no accidents in the house. He's had fecal tests done & they've come back negative. I'm wondering if it's possible that he just gets excited & his system gets worked up??? I hate to put him through unnecessary tests at the vet if it could be a simple solution! Any insight you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!!!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Boxers have finicky stomachs that's for sure. I have a two year old that was a nightmare with loose stools, and very expensive with the added vet visits. We eventually switched to a raw diet and have had no issues in the last year. My point being I understand what your dealing with. I always remembered Dukes poops in the morning were solid, as the day progressed they were runny, they could be excitement poops.

I have never heard of pulsar kibble, but I did a quick look on food advisor is the kibble called horizon pulsar? If so the protein may be slightly too rich for your pups tummy.

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
a couple teaspoons of unflavored.unsweetened yogurt and maybe some unsweetened pumpkin pulp in his food should help...maybe a bit of boiled rice for good measure as well,those are all 3 classic poop cures

·
Registered
12 Posts
I find Diesel's poops are soft when they aren't "ripe". Fine in the morning since it's been since the night before. But during the day depending on the last time he went they can be softer.

I don't think it's anything to worry about unless it's watery. This only happens to Diesel after boarding. They feed him his own food I think it's just stress. When this happens I give him chewable pepto and feed him boiled chicken and rice for a day.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
My female did better when I switched her to a kibble with a more moderate amount of fat and protein. I added psyllium seed (1/2 t) to her food at night. We order Prostora Max, and give that when we see poop getting looser. If I give one tablet a couple days in a row it helps. I feed Fromm Mature Adult, and Fromm Adult. You can buy psyllium at a health food store.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've experience that situation before when Maxx is 1 year old. Glad my vet suggested a raw food and so far we stick to raw food just like my vet said. Try to ask your vet first that's the best thing you can do for now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Science Diet I/D did the trick for us when we had the same problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts