Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night I went to Babies R Us to get a present for my friends shower.  One of the things on her registry was a soft & cuddly stuffed dog that barked when you squeezed him.  Very cute!  So of course I had to add that to my pile of stuff (gets addicting in there).  I went to my mother's after and was showing her what I got.  Lola was in the room with us playing and when my mother made the dog bark Lola's head popped up and started looking around for the "dog".  My mother did it again and Lola saw it, started running and took a flying leap onto the couch.  She started sniffing the toy dog.  We thought it was funny, put it back in the bag and that was that right.....not!  Lola started pawing at the bag and crying.  She was trying to stick her head in the bag....was looking up at my mother crying.....jumped off the couch and crawled up onto my lap, put her head on my shoulder and started to whine & cry.  We couldn't believe it.....the spoiled puppy wanted the toy!  This went on for a few minutes until FINALLY we gave in and gave her the toy dog....yeah we're easy!  She was so excited and didn't let it out of her sight the rest of the evening in fear that we might put it back in the bag.  You had to be there to see just how funny the situation was, but I wanted to share...hopefully it'll give everyone a laugh!  Now I have to go back and get another one because I had them take it off the registry sheet!

·
Registered
302 Posts
We have a 2yo daughter and there's a lot of "identity crisis" issues between our daughters toys and our dogs toys... both have stuffed toys and both want to steal the other's toys!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
LOL..That's too cute and I can totally relate. I don't know how many toys I bought my nieces and ended up giving it to Chloe. Even the TMX elmo, Chloe ended up getting before my niece did. I mean just look at Lola's cute little face...Impossible to say no!

·
Registered
948 Posts
lol thats too funny!

·
Registered
905 Posts
My brother bought a "Hug and Wiggle" Pooh for his girlfriend (now wife) a few years ago - she has a Pooh thing.  Anyway, we thought it would be a laugh to put it down on the floor and see what Jack thought of it.  BIG mistake - there was a Pooh massacre!  The second his nose started wiggling Jack just went ballistic and tore him to shreds.  My poor sister in law was heartbroken!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts