Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My fiance and I thought that since we both work during the day that Ace needed a friend to keep him company so we ended up getting a 5 month old brindle girl this afternoon. We were under the impression that she was full blood boxer and she had papers and everything but they burned up in a house fire (which are unimportant to us since we aren't breeding or anything) but anyways, she has what seems to us a very long nose for being full boxer. Is there such a thing as a long nose boxer? It's not important to us if she isn't but we would just like to know since we did pay a decent amount of money on her. Thanks in advance everyone

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hmm, my boxer has kind of a long nose for the breed (just posted about it recently on this thread http://www.boxerforums.com/general-boxer-forum/62567-boxer-underbite-noses.html ) But, my first impression when looking at your pictures was that she might have some pittie in her. The shape of her head is just like my friend's pit mixes. It's something about the tops of their skulls or something. Also, her type of brindle (kind of yellowy with black) is more a coloring I've seen on pit mixes than on boxers. I'm definitely not a breed expert though by any means, just my first instinct looking at the pics :) She is super cute...I hope you're not disappointed about the money either way, I'm sure she's worth it! My friend's pit mixes are such loving dogs, I spend a lot of time with them and they are my "god-doggies" :)

·
Registered
592 Posts
You might also have more of a clue to her background once she gets a little older by her body type. Badly bred boxers seem to have a lot of variation in their faces, but most have that distinct "boxer" body pretty spot on.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I've never heard of a long nose boxer. She looks like a mix to me, but still beautiful, and looks like a good playmate for Ace!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Aspen has a longer snout than a lot of other boxers, but not as long as your new little girl. I also think it looks like she has pittie in her, but either way she's gorgeous!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone and you all pretty much said what I was thinking. I seen some pit in her as well. her and Ace have become really good friends and are inseparable already! Like I said it didn't matter either way but it just makes you mad knowing you spent all this money on something that people have to go and lie about. She's a very quick learner though and we thought her to sit lay and shake all in one night!

·
Super Moderator
6,972 Posts
She is definitely crossed with something. As long as you are happy with her, who cares. She also looks ALOT older than 5 mths. Does she have adult teeth or baby teeth?

Congrats on your new baby!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2manydogs- we kinda thought the Same thing. She is just a hair smaller than that Ace is and he's 15 months uld, but he is small for a boxer I think. Both his parents were right around 100 pound and he's coming in at 67 pounds. I'm not complaining though since he still thinks he's a little chihuahua and can climb onto your lap at any given part of the day and lay there for hours! lol. But Macy is still has that puppy playfullness that I guess we weren't used to since Ace was more of a mellow pup. They both have a vet appointment next week, Ace to get rechecked for his allergies again and her for a complete lookover so we can find age and everything else then.

Say she was "purebred" and her papers did burn up in the fire, how do you go about getting them back? I want these people that we got her from to understand I'm not dumb and I'm not gonna be paying all the money I did for a mix breed dog. if I went along to pick her up I would have stopped as soon as I seen her and would have been asking questions then about seeing her parents and such. I don't want anyone to think that I'm complaining because shes mixed and think that I don't like mixed breed dogs, I do. But when you have in your mind what you "thought" you were getting and it turns out to be not that, you get a little disappointedppointed. Especially when you pay a good deal of money on it. I mean if they would have told us she was mixed before we got her, we still would have gotten her but just seen if we could drastically lower the price.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It really sounds like I'm being a tightwad and complaining about money in the last post and I'm sorry..but if it would happen to you I'm sure you guys would be a little upset too with the people (not the dog-she's such a sweetheart)

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
What a doll! She looks just like our Keno.

My son was also told a ‘purebred boxer’, was given paper’s and they had two boxer’s on site they claimed to be the parent’s. I can assure you, none of that would have made the lie believable. I knew the second I saw Keno he was not a purebred boxer.
You could consult an attorney but my guess is that the argument will be you were able to see what you were getting at the time of purchase and agreed to the cost without any evidence of being a purebred.
I could be wrong but since people do this all the time, I suspect this would fall under buyer responsibility.
Chalk it up as a lesson learned and know that she couldn't be in better hands!

·
Registered
834 Posts
first of all you are not a tightwad! i think you have been bamboozled!
i dont believe that papers burned in a fire. if this was a legit breeder...they would have replaced them.
sounds like this person is perhaps trying to get top dollar from someone who isn't really sure what to look for or ask....no offence...not trying to be rude in any way

·
Super Moderator
6,972 Posts
Registered dogs are either tattooed in the ear or microchipped. Get her scanned and call the AKC with the microchip # IF she has one. If she is not microchipped AND has no tattoo then she is NOT registered and I would report this "breeder" to the authorities.

If she does have either a microchip or tattoo, call the AKC and tell them that you purchased this dog and this is her information, how do you go about getting her papers in your name etc etc.

·
Super Moderator
6,972 Posts
Ok, so when I wrote my above post I just assumed the AKC used similar guidelines that the CKC uses.

I asked an AKC breeder if tattooing and microchipping was required when registering a dog and was told that its actually optional. Which I find very concerning. How in the world do you know what dog belongs to what papers?

I have to say I like the way the CKC requires either a tattoo or microchip prior to registration and then that information in located on the papers so you can prove that dog is actually the one registered.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Dont feel bad your girl is beautiful and yes she does look to have pit in her but I would be pissed if I spent a good amount of money to bc thats what happened to me only I got tons of health issues from bad breeding. Unfortanatly the owners were liers. I never got papers and they up and moved and disconnected everything. I would would be going back and getting my money if I could.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts