Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello hello,

I know I haven’t been very active this past year but life has been crazy and busy :crazyeye:

We have had a couple losses within our own crew and have added a couple more to the family.

Hope you all are doing well and had a fantastic Christmas :cheers:

Here are a few pictures of our current group

Attachments

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Well of course "Welcome back!" And again, Sorry for your losses, that always sucks! :(

And as always, we enjoy seeing photos of you dog's! That said, I have to ask, are the Brindle Pup's females???

·
Registered
980 Posts
Welcome back and congrats on the new additions and sorry for your losses.

I've never seen markings like the ones on your 1st pup. Almost looks like someone painted her. lol

·
Super Moderator
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well of course "Welcome back!" And again, Sorry for your losses, that always sucks! :(

And as always, we enjoy seeing photos of you dog's! That said, I have to ask, are the Brindle Pup's females???
Yes, both young females. The first brindle is 13 months and the second is 18 months. Still very puppyish :hrtbounce:

We said goodbye to a couple seniors in 2019. Upsetting for sure but they were both in double digits

·
Super Moderator
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome back and congrats on the new additions and sorry for your losses.

I've never seen markings like the ones on your 1st pup. Almost looks like someone painted her. lol
That can happen to intact females, it’s hormones that cause an almost spray painted flank. She’s 5 now

It’s like us women, some of us get extra hair, thinning hair, grey hair or darkened hair. Gotta love those hormone surges :clap2:

·
Registered
980 Posts
that can happen to intact females, it’s hormones that cause an almost spray painted flank. She’s 5 now

it’s like us women, some of us get extra hair, thinning hair, grey hair or darkened hair. Gotta love those hormone surges :clap2:
Lmao

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Thanks Lindar, I see it’s pretty quiet around here.
Yes this forum is pretty quiet. New people seem to join but don't often stay and mostly people talk if they have a problem then they are gone. I was looking for a 2nd boxer about 2 years ago, couldn't find any health tested nearby. I ended up with a standard poodle, lol. Thought my daughter was moving out with our boxer. Well that didn't happen, lol so my house is full. Poodle forum is pretty active, lots of people on there train in sports, agility, obedience, foods, etc. Plus just chat about dogs in general. I guess we are a more quiet bunch.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Yes, both young females. The first brindle is 13 months and the second is 18 months. Still very puppyish :hrtbounce:
LOL, I thought so! As something about the face and eye's ... I was pretty sure I have seen in other girl's on your site??

Aww, well I would suck as a "Conformation Judge for Boxer's?? As I am pretty sure "Who's the Cute's?? Is not a "conformation point?? But hey on the other hand, your dog's would win, during my pretty brief reign! :)

We said goodbye to a couple seniors in 2019. Upsetting for sure but they were both in double digits
Yeah it always, hurt's to lose them. As they leave such a hole in life when they are gone. But as the saying goes life goes on ...

·
Super Moderator
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL, I thought so! As something about the face and eye's ... I was pretty sure I have seen in other girl's on your site??

Aww, well I would suck as a "Conformation Judge for Boxer's?? As I am pretty sure "Who's the Cute's?? Is not a "conformation point?? But hey on the other hand, your dog's would win, during my pretty brief reign! :)

Yeah it always, hurt's to lose them. As they leave such a hole in life when they are gone. But as the saying goes life goes on ...
I’ll take you as my judge any day!! :clap:

Yes, life continues and having other dogs in the home helps the grieving process.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Thanks Lindar, I see it’s pretty quiet around here.
Well not counting health issues ... Success tends to "beed," contentment?? Tend to share what we are doing and fine tuning of "training point's," as a general rule.

But hey if (lot's) of online activity is a member's goal?? Unlike "normally," which I just don't recommend to anyone I know and "rarely" recommend "online," to only a select few. And add in no experience with the Breed and lose structure in the home?? And "online success," is almost a guarantee!

Aww, well just to cement the deal, let's add a cat or two, two current '"Dog's" at least one Dominate (preferably well trained) a couple toddler's and infrequent company. Mix that well with no breed experience?? And American's number three most popular dog ... will guarantee "Online Success!" I could never figure that last one out??? A WL GSD will do quite nicely, although it "really seem's" that Line does not matter that much??

But "online excitement is pretty much guaranteed. And if they are lucky ... they will go here for help. :

https://www.germanshepherds.com/forums/aggression-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly.292/

The issues roll in daily! It just never stop's??? Nonetheless, get's it right, uh eventually, a WL GSD is a fantastic dog. :)

Boxer's by contrast, the badly behaved. Tend to be a more frustrating and hair pulling experience, for the most part?? Instead of a Law Suit on four paw's, looking for a place to happen??

Sometimes, kinda quite .. is not a bad thing?? :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello hello,

I know I haven’t been very active this past year but life has been crazy and busy :crazyeye:

We have had a couple losses within our own crew and have added a couple more to the family.

Beautiful puppy's. Sry for your loss

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello hello,

Can you tell me everyone in group are there two females together and do they get along I have a 4 yr old female and looking to get a puppy female so she has Company I always feel like they need do you have a friend with them little Worried about getting another female some people say they don't get along two females together

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have heard a lot of people talking about the female/female issue and there are a lot of bad reports out there of older females trying to dominate a younger female leading to fighting so it makes for a stressful home. I have always had opposite sexes and have never had a problem and I have done "baby sitting" when a friend of mine got a female boxer puppy and she stayed overnight with us sometimes never had a problem but she did not live here full time either. I am sure others on this site may have had different opinions on this matter but my advice is opposite sex.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Can you tell me everyone in group are there two females together and do they get along I have a 4 yr old female and looking to get a puppy female so she has Company I always feel like they need do you have a friend with them little Worried about getting another female some people say they don't get along two females together

Personally in the beginning they may get along fine but once mature you may have problems . A lot depends on dog personalities and you just don't know. I personally would not chance putting two females in the same house. I think you would be much better to have a male. Male boxers are extremely sweet. Of course I am biased at this point, lol. I always avoided having a male after having a problem with a dog that marked but that was because he hadn't been neutered and it was years and years ago before people regularly neutered or spayed their dogs. I have two male dogs in our home, they get along great and neither even lift their leg. LOL

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have had two previous male boxers and one was neutered one was not and neither one of them ever lifted a leg in the house or did the other either for that fact so I think it has to do with training. I too think the boys are very sweet my girl though is my heart she is the best little girl so I think dogs will give you back what you put in. Oh and the female on female aggression thing that is not a thing exclusive to boxers I have seen this in other breeds of dogs as well my parents raised German Shepherds and it was the same thing with the females. I have heard several people keep two male dogs before and you would think that would be a problem but evidently people do have success with that Like Lindar51 says a lot depends on the personality.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have heard a lot of people talking about the female/female issue and there are a lot of bad reports out there of older females trying to dominate a younger female leading to fighting so it makes for a stressful home. I have always had opposite sexes and have never had a problem and I have done "baby sitting" when a friend of mine got a female boxer puppy and she stayed overnight with us sometimes never had a problem but she did not live here full time either. I am sure others on this site may have had different opinions on this matter but my advice is opposite sex.

Thank you for your in put on two Female boxer

1 - 20 of 23 Posts