Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a boxer whose snout is a bit longer than an average boxer, she is young however and I hear that they will grow into them. I also noticed that she has webbed feet which I haven't been able to get a clear answer on this trait.

I saw both her parents and they seemed full breed. Is this reason to believe that there may be another bloodline in there somewhere?

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, but water dogs have webbed toes to help them swim. Labs, Retrievers etc. Boxers do not as far as I know. As for a longer snout. Yes they do and can grow into them, h owever if they are mixed or poorly bred then they may not. That's a sign of poor breeding right off the bat. Jaxon's face didn't get smooshy until he got older. He was from a BYB. He was a few months old until he started growing into his. Good luck. As far as seeing his parents they may not have been his parents. BYB's are famous for making someone believe that they are full blooded. And they very well could be I'm not saying there aren't any full blooded ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct in that its usually Labs and such that have webbed feet. I looked online but couldnt find a clear answer.

·
Premium Member
4,576 Posts
All dogs have webbed paws up to a certain degree...look closely at water dogs paws,those are really webbed!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
yeah what martinc said lol cos my boy has webbed feet to a certain extent and i KNOW hes purebred! Can you post any pics?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
she looks purebred to me and her feet are normal :) thats how my boys feet are and he is no doubt a purebred

·
Registered
790 Posts
Definitely purebred..snout doesn't look longer to me than most American boxers....European Boxers have the really smushed face.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I forgot to mention....her muzzle doesnt look long at all :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
She looks purebred to me. Snout is consistent with an American Boxer and feet are do not appear webbed like a lab...they look just like every other boxer's feet i've ever seen.
Very cute pup!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
your pup looks identicle to my friends boxer :). She is such a cutie. She looks pure to me. And her paws look just like my 2 boxers.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi there. im michael, this is actually my first post here. I have a female boxer named MAYA.. and shes the best companion i could ever ask for. so heres the deal, shes got longer than usual snout and webbed feet too, she has got a very shallow "stop". i got her through a breeder who said she was a purebred, i never saw the parents partly because i am not concerned about the breed, just need to confirm so that i could get to know about her temperament later on when she gets huge.. so i need your help.. and sorry to dig up this old thread from it's grave.. i hope to hear from you guys soon.. :D in the pictures below she is 40 days old and 3.5 months old.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi there. im michael, this is actually my first post here. I have a female boxer named MAYA.. and shes the best companion i could ever ask for. so heres the deal, shes got longer than usual snout and webbed feet too, she has got a very shallow "stop". i got her through a breeder who said she was a purebred, i never saw the parents partly because i am not concerned about the breed, just need to confirm so that i could get to know about her temperament later on when she gets huge.. so i need your help.. and sorry to dig up this old thread from it's grave.. i hope to hear from you guys soon.. :D in the pictures below she is 40 days old and 3.5 months old.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
thank you jimmy c, Shianin looks good.. i hope maya grows up to look like her.. :D .. ok two problems..
1. i live in Bangalore, India. So chances are low on hew being an American Boxer
2. what about the webbed feet? my friend has a 3 year old boxer male, and i checked his paws.. he has no webbing whatsoever.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts