Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I make dolls.  I love making dolls.  I make Raggedy Anne and Andy,  Cabbage patch style dolls,  waldorf dolls and all sorts of designer and fantasy dolls.

My sister is pregnant with her second baby so I am making dolls for both of them.  A little lovey butterfly doll and a heavy sack baby for her  3yo daughter so she can have a baby too when her new baby brother arrives in July.

I finished the butterfly doll for the baby last night- well I still need to embroider the face but I just had to brag :lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Wow, that looks awesome...Takes a lot of patience to do that...I'll have to share what I make in my spare time I guess.. :) The doll looks great, even with no face..Lol...I have always loved Raggedy Anne & Andy dolls....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I made a dozen or so dolls for friends and family last year, mostly for Christmas.  I was thinking of one day setting up a webpage  to show off and sell my dolls.  But I really don't want dollmaking to become a chore and have deadlines to meet etc.  So for now I make dolls by request  and just for the enjoyment of the creative process.  

Here are some pics of a few of my previous dolls

·
Registered
780 Posts
Those are beautiful!   Great job on the detail work too, they look so much better than anything you can get in a store!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Wow... they look great!! My mother made bunnies for my sister and I and friends and family when I was younger... I of course being a tomboyish girl pretty much destroyed mine. Though when my mom passed away her friend/therapist sent back the one my mother made for her ... insisted that she give it back so that one of the grandchildren could have it... so my father gave it to me and the spare one in her room to Sarah. My mothers were nice... but yours have great facial features to them... though I guess you can't really give a bunny different facial features! LOL

Wow... they look great... I might hit you up when I figure out what the "baby on the way" is going to be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts