Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you think Tango is going to be small .. like his parents (probably around 50-60 pounds). His grandpa was supposedly big.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Its hard to judge but his paws don't look that big.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hard to tell....but curious how much does he weigh right now?

Its funny because it looks like he is looking at his own paws in the first pic pondering the same question  :lol:

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HAHA...he does doesn't he!

I took him to the vet for his shots at 12 weeks and he weighed 15 pounds.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol, I remember when Buck was a puppy, maybe about 12 wks or so and I got these pics of him going across the patio and his paws just looked enormous!!! They do grow into them, and he ended up being about 70 lbs 24", so don't freak out yet  :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Now Im getting freaked out! My female weights around 34 pounds at 17 weeks and my male weights 42 pounds -same age. I can see all their ribs. Im taking them to the vet ASAP.

I know their dad was a huge male fawn+black mask, but their Mom was an average female fawn with white markings. Shouldnt they turn out to be somewhere in between? Like say average but not as big as dad?

Gipsy
-Quick edit- What if I have themj spayed and neutered... can I slow the growth? I dont mean to sound inhumane....just asking because I hear that large dogs have more bone problems than average or smaller dogs of the breed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts