Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

So i want to make a crockpot meatball recipe. I am fine with using frozen meatballs but cant seem to find a good sauce to make, I have had lots of ppls sauces and i love them all but dont know what they are lol. I am looking for one that has a bbq taste.

SO... anyone have a good recipe?

THANKS

·
Banned
543 Posts
Soccergk1987 said:
Hey guys

So i want to make a crockpot meatball recipe. I am fine with using frozen meatballs but cant seem to find a good sauce to make, I have had lots of ppls sauces and i love them all but dont know what they are lol. I am looking for one that has a bbq taste.

SO... anyone have a good recipe?

THANKS
My sister has what I think is EXACTLY what you'er looking for, I will try to reach her for it.
They are to die for.

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
Laura; I think Willow has one. Pm her for it...and make sure to tell us how they come out. I've bought them at Costco before, but don't remember what kind of sauce I used...

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
samsonsaunt said:
Laura; I think Willow has one. Pm her for it...and make sure to tell us how they come out. I've bought them at Costco before, but don't remember what kind of sauce I used...
yeah i know costco has the frozen meatballs and thats what i got but i just need the sauce haha... i will pm her!!

·
Banned
888 Posts
mmmmm.... I'm trying a new crockpot recipe tonight that's like a chicken and rice casserole. I hope it works!!! :razz: [-O< [-O< [-O<

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
This sounds REALLY disgusting, but they are the first thing to disappear at a party, and they are sooo easy, especially if you are using frozen meatballs.

All you do is put your meatballs in the crockpot and then add 1 part grape jelly to 1 part Heinz chili sauce. Told ya it sounds gross! It has to be Heinz chili sauce though, it makes a difference. I also add a few pinches of crushed red pepper for some heat. YUM! :)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
tootsie said:
This sounds REALLY disgusting, but they are the first thing to disappear at a party, and they are sooo easy, especially if you are using frozen meatballs.

All you do is put your meatballs in the crockpot and then add 1 part grape jelly to 1 part Heinz chili sauce. Told ya it sounds gross! It has to be Heinz chili sauce though, it makes a difference. I also add a few pinches of crushed red pepper for some heat. YUM! :)
Do you cook the meatballs first?

·
Banned
543 Posts
tootsie said:

I'm actually going to try this.
Totally off topic: on the Food Network, they have a show that spotlights out-of-the-norm restraunts and dishes. Can't remember the name of it, but they spotlighted this hot dog joint that puts strawberry jam on the hot dogs. My grandpa made one at home, and said it was wonderful. I could not stomach the idea myself. lol

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
2wildboxers said:
tootsie said:

Do you cook the meatballs first?
Ooops sorry. Minor detail! :lol: If you make your own meatballs, yes cook them first. If you use frozen, you can pop them in the oven before putting them in the crockpot so they will be done quicker. If you have a few hours you can just toss the frozen meatballs in the crockpot with the other ingredients.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
boxerpaws said:
Totally off topic: on the Food Network, they have a show that spotlights out-of-the-norm restraunts and dishes. Can't remember the name of it, but they spotlighted this hot dog joint that puts strawberry jam on the hot dogs. My grandpa made one at home, and said it was wonderful. I could not stomach the idea myself. lol
That's Diner's, Dive's and Drive-Ins! LOVE THAT SHOW!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I like to make homemade marinara sauce for my meatballs. Really easy, too. After everything's prepped, it's just a whole lot of waiting around and occasionally stirring.

Homemade meatballs are a cinch, too. I'll usually make 1 huge batch, freeze them raw then defrost and cook them off as needed- same with the marinara.

Let me know if you'd a recipe for either.

·
Banned
543 Posts
2wildboxers said:
boxerpaws said:
That's Diner's, Dive's and Drive-Ins! LOVE THAT SHOW!
YES! that's it.
good show.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tootsie said:

THATS WHAT I DID!!

Its cooking right now

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Triple D is one of my FAVORITE shows. Love that Guy Fieri.

My Dad makes crockpot meatballs with that exact recipe, Tootise. So GOOD.

I throw the frozen meatballs in the crockpot with a jar of my favorite BBQ sauce (Gates - best ever.)

Great, now I want meatballs. :?

·
Registered
857 Posts
My recipe is a little different...

1 container Brooke's Tangy Ketchup
1 jar Red Current Jelly
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

So good!!!

The other recipe sounds good too... :clap2:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just had dinner... It was sooo yummy and sooo quick!!

I also made homemade salsa and pasta salad

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Salsa and pasta salad???? That sounds yummy too. Do tell...Is it as easy as it sounds?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the pasta salad is just tricolored rigatoni (i think) and italian dressing... i have done one that has bits of carrots, peas, corns, and red peppers in it.

The salsa is...
3 cut up tomatos
half a red onion
1 jalapeno pepper (more if u want hot)
1/2 cup of cilantro
squeeze the juice of 1 lime
and salt and pepper
then just put it into the fridge for about an hr to have the flavors combine

·
Registered
402 Posts
I belong to the Painted Desert Sheep Registry and its forum. Someone posted a link to a cockpot cookbook. I believe there is at least one meatball recipe in it. If not, it is full of other great crockport recipes. - http://www.50plusfriends.com/cookbook/c ... ex-5b.html

1 - 20 of 28 Posts