Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
tootsie said:
This sounds REALLY disgusting, but they are the first thing to disappear at a party, and they are sooo easy, especially if you are using frozen meatballs.

All you do is put your meatballs in the crockpot and then add 1 part grape jelly to 1 part Heinz chili sauce. Told ya it sounds gross! It has to be Heinz chili sauce though, it makes a difference. I also add a few pinches of crushed red pepper for some heat. YUM! :)
Lisa, I make this all the time for parties and it always is gone first..the sauce is wonderful.. :yes:

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
Daisy_Duke said:
Triple D is one of my FAVORITE shows. Love that Guy Fieri.

My Dad makes crockpot meatballs with that exact recipe, Tootise. So GOOD.

I throw the frozen meatballs in the crockpot with a jar of my favorite BBQ sauce (Gates - best ever.)

Great, now I want meatballs. :?
Hee Hee!! I'll just bet you do!!! :tease: :ROTFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
There's a great recipe that uses pre-cooked meatballs. I can sauerkraut, 1 bottle chili sauce, 8 oz of water, and a can of whole cranberry sauce. I'll look for it.

Ann WI

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
samsonsaunt said:
Daisy_Duke said:
Triple D is one of my FAVORITE shows. Love that Guy Fieri.

My Dad makes crockpot meatballs with that exact recipe, Tootise. So GOOD.

I throw the frozen meatballs in the crockpot with a jar of my favorite BBQ sauce (Gates - best ever.)

Great, now I want meatballs. :?
Hee Hee!! I'll just bet you do!!! :tease: :ROTFLMAO:

:drunk: :ROTFLMAO:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Had to make a quick dish for a party earlier tonight... ity was a Meatball Success!

In a large 4 quart oval crockpot I mixed

1 Jar Traditional Flavored Spaghetti Sauce
1 Jar Heinz Chili Sauce
1 Can Heinz Sloppy Joe Sauce Mix
1 Cup Ketchup.

Mixed it up and then added as Many FRozen pre made Italian Style Meatballs as I could fit and a package of mini hot dog little beef smokies. Took a few hours on High setting to get everything nice and hot.

I was told by many it was awesome... everyone had been used to the chili sauce/grape jelly mix I had done before..

Another suggestion is to add some cut up italian sausage... Johnsonville makes pre cooked italian sausage for convienence however I noticed not all stores carry it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Meatballs with grape jelly and chili sauce almost done. I'm making them for our company party which is about to start. I haven't tried them yet, but they smell wonderful.

·
Banned
21 Posts
Laura; I think Willow has one. Pm her for it...and make sure to tell us how they come out. I've bought them at Costco before, but don't remember what kind of sauce I used...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts