Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for another boxer dog that is not to old as i have a 1 year old female or she could be younger not to sure I have 3 children and one on the way I love this breed and want to extend my family I also have two cats soon to be  zero the owners are comming to get them and another dog moe but he is off to a new home soon i hope as i live in town and his breed is not alowed in town so i will have a huge opening for another baby to come home i have tried to adopt  from adoption agencies but i get turned down all the time even with a note from my vet saying i have an outstanding record with them and my pets are some of the best looked after pets that they have seen i am a huge animal lover i used to have
2 bearded dragons
2 red legged walking frog
1 gray tree frog
2 water dragons
1 snake
2 dogs
3 cats (indoor)
2 birds
1 horse
6 goats
4 cows
and meny stray cats
loved them all

·
Registered
780 Posts
I know when we went through rescue to adopt a boxer they were very careful on where and with whom the dogs were placed.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i feel your pain. before we got Savannah i tried going through rescue, and let me say it was not pleasent. I tried our local animal shelters and animal control but was denied because of my daughters age (she is 6) i tried rescue and got as far as a home interview. Once the interview was over i never heard back. After 2 months i contacted the rescue group for info. I figured with it being all volunteers it could take some time. Well lets say that apparently they walked another house that day that wasnt very suitable for a boxer...or any dog really.... and got my app mixed with that home. They told me that there were cig butts in the yard, charcoal scattered among the weeds in the backyard and many other things. I argued becuase no one in my house smokes AND the bbq grill i own is propane-they wouldnt listen.

i only have one child, and at the time i had no other pets. It was hard to get rejected...I eventually found savannah. Her "breeder" didnt want her anymore becuase she had to be spayed after her first litter. she came home with me a week later. I look back and now think "i was meant to have my savannah girl" your boxer will come, though i know how hard it is to wait! Best of luck

let me add-i think rescue is great! i didnt have thebest experince with the one in my are, but they are one of the best ways to go. there are times though when it just doesnt work no matter how much you want it to. In 20 years when i lose my girls (yes people both will live to be over 20:D) i plan on going through rescue-nothing would make me happier.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I am jsut wanting to save another animal to soon I have always said that if i ever win a million dollars or even 50 thousand i would open a shelter that would make god jelous but i am now down to 2 dogs and one cat and one dog is strickly out side and is going in about 2 days as he is not alowed in city bounderies his breed and baby has to be crated because she don't like cats and because she has tried to eat the other cats so she can't be in bed with me which i want a dog for that i want a dog in bed with me and one where i can have a cat and not worry oh how things work but thanks i guess i will have to grow more patients for the time being. thanks for your kind words.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts