Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Okay, well I am pleased to announce that we have found a breeder.  Our breeder's bitch is in heat now and she will be bred shortly.  The pups will be born for the end of June, we go and pick him/her out in July and take him/her home in August!!!!! I've met 2 half siblings at a show(possibly full siblings as she might use the same sire) and they are so gorgeous.  So here's what I need......

This breeder has no website as she doesn't use the computer.  Is there anyway I can see a picture of the dam online? I noticed some of you have access to health tests and what not.  Is this available to everyone? I'd like to find as much information as I could on this bitch.  I'm absolutely nothing but impressed with this breeder and her dogs so I'm just so excited!!!!!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Pictures of the bitch might be hard to find, if she was bred by her owner, unless she did something at a big show like Westminster or the National.  You can check for health testing at www.offa.org - lack of a listing doesn't necessarily mean lack of testing, though; except for normal hip x-rays, submission of results to the public OFA database is optional.  (And some breeders use PennHip for hips, which wouldn't be in the OFA database regardless.)

If you want to PM me the bitch's name, I'll see if I can find anything.  (Have you seen photos of the sire already? I can look for those just as easily if need be.)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
If the breeder is too far away to visit, perhaps you can ask her to mail you a picture via snail mail?
Good luck!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, but I could understand not having a computer.  Her and her husband are older (been breeding for 40+ years) and she said she wouldn't be able to keep up with the emails and stuff.  I know my mom or dad both aren't technically fluent enough to efficiently use a computer.  She prefers phone calls.  I will for sure ask for some pictures via snail mail! Thanks you

·
Registered
744 Posts
Or, if you search on the kennel name (the first part of the bitch's name) and the word "boxer", you may come up with a few relatives at least.

Your breeder should be more than happy or able to share photos though. . . Even if she can mail them to you via snail mail. (I'm a strong believer of keeping good records of all of my dogs, and as an owner, I prefer to have as much photos and documentation as I can get on any of my kids' parents, siblings, grandparents, etc. :) )

G

·
0 Posts
When I was looking for my puppy, my puppy's breeder did not have a very good computer and didn't post pictures online or email them.  She sent me snail mail pictures of my puppy, the mom and the dad.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, it looks like I'm going to have to do the snail mail thing.  I was hoping I'd find a short cut and find pics today!!!!! The breeder is only breeding her dam in about 10 days and hasn't decided on a sire yet (she has it narrowed down to two).  When she does, I will be calling to ask if she could send pictures of both of the parents! I've already met two of our future pup's half brothers (maybe full depending on who the sire will be) and if you could imagine my stupid camera wasn't working properly!!!!!  But there's another dog show I will be going to next month so I will probably be seeing them again.

EEEEEEE!!!! I'm so excited.  This summer is going to crawl by! We go to Ontario to pick out our pup in early July so when that time (finally) comes I will be post dozens of pictures!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
if there a reputable breeder they will def be able to supply some sort of parent history, the Sire of Cassie has won all sorts of stuff at crufts, think it all depends on how far you are willing to travel to find what you want

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are without a doubt reputable breeders.  I was just hoping to find something out within the next day or so instead of waiting for the mail to come in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts