Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family and I are looking for a puppy near Wyoming. We live in Wyoming but are willing to drive a bit to get the perfect new addition. Yes I have looked into the rescue groups but since I am in "the middle of no where" I have only found one that would even consider coming over here and we would really prefer a puppy and so far they do not have any. Please let me know if anyone would be able to help us out in our search.

Thank you

·
Registered
361 Posts
Depends on what part of wyoming. If it is eastern and you are close to south dakota I have a few ideas.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Here is a link that has an alphabetical listing of boxer breeders...I don't personally know of any in your area, but this might be a way to start your search on the internet. The ones listed that are in my area are reputable, but, I can't vouch for all of them. I would also recommend contacting boxer clubs in surrounding states.

http://www.pro-boxers.com/am_breeders.html

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am near South Dakota I am about 2 hours away from Rapid city.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I pm'd you..But rapid has a great rescue. They have a site that shows all the dogs they have, and they usually have some good ones. I dont know if they will adopt them to someone in a different state though..something to look into I guess.

·
Banned
888 Posts
Would you consider having a pup sent to you? Also, are you at all close to areas of Colorado (Iowa or Utah)? Those states seem to have a larger variety of breeders.

Good luck!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
http://www.katydidboxers.com/

Not too many breeders in SD/WY, but the above one is located in SD. Its a starting point where you maybe able to e mail them and ask for assistance helping find a reputable breeder in the area or surrounding. Many of times rep breeders will be more than happy to help a family find a well bred puppy, as its one less family that is going to select a breeder that does not support the boxer and breed them correctly. ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jdschmidt said:
I pm'd you..But rapid has a great rescue. They have a site that shows all the dogs they have, and they usually have some good ones. I dont know if they will adopt them to someone in a different state though..something to look into I guess.
Yes I have been keeping an eye on their dogs. I would really like a puppy though for our situation that is what would work best for us right now.

Thank you to everyone for all your help I am sure we will find a new friend.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Mishasmom, glad to see you found your way around the site! I was so hoping Jdschmidt's breeder might have some puppies left, but apparently not. I'll keep a look out for ya. Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
361 Posts
unfortunately my breeders puppies are always gone before they can even advertise them, most of them gone before they are born. So if you don't get in quick enough you have to wait until the next litter. I will go up and see him today and see when he is planning on having some more and PM you his phone number and you can talk to him if you would like. Gillette isn't too far from belle at all. (hour and a half- 2 hours?)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts