Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...:) I'm new here and am trying to find either a local breeder or one that ships. I am looking to spend $600 or less. Not sure how the mods feel about free advertising for breeders so feel free to send me a PM. Thanks a lot guys. I look forward to spending a lot of time on these boards.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
instylz -

Welcome to the forum.   As for breeder who sell at $600 or less I would say I would look at a rescue.   To find a breeder who health tests, and adhears to the standard esp on he East Coast, you can look to spend about $800-$1200 for a well bred pup with a spay/neuter clause.

I know that is above your budget, but if you find a cheaper puppy, likelyhood you will get a discount in the beginning only to have to pay a lot in medical bills later.  So a wait until you have enough to buy a well bred pup is my advice!   Like I said its my opinion but after seeing many families loose their dogs after two to three years due to cancer, heart problems, etc, its best to purchase from a reputable breeder.  Last thing you want is a dog with some "unknowns"

However if you are set on that budget, I would totally go with a rescue or look thru the want ad for someone trying to "REHOME" their dog, and not a want ad from a breeder selling a litter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We have a rescue dog, all be it she isn't a boxer, but she is one of the best things we have done.  I would really recommend a rescue if you are on a budget.  Sometimes you even get a dog that is already really well trained like ours.  Good luck!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I would recommend rescue to anyone.  It was a great experience and my rescue Kiah is the best.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!!!  I live in NJ and I just recently purchased a Boxer puppy.  I can tell you that most of the breeders around here are selling for $850 and up.  I ended up finding a breeder in PA that sells for cheaper ($700).  I almost purchased a puppy from a breeder in PA for $550, but they were not reputable breeders.  As everyone else has said, if you are looking for a reputable breeder and a healthy puppy, you're going to be paying at least $700 (in this area anyway).  It would probably be best to look into a rescue first though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts