Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
my name is tori, and i just lost a boxer, i woke up this morning and rushed her to the vet... her liver gave out on her, she was only 7 weeks old....
so please if anyone or u know someone with any puppies let me know...
please and thank you
tori
just mail me at
[email protected]...
thanks so much...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i have,
and all the others r fine...
she offered another from that litter but iam kinda scared about it...
and she doesn't have any other white females...
i tried looking on the net for breeders, in MI, but iam having no luck...
if there is any breeder in MI, then let me know...

yes i am bumbed this week let me tell u, charger was my whole life, i bought her and a house all in one week, she was my little baby!!!
she went riding on the four wheelers with me and when i ran the hilo at work she rode with me, jeep rides with the top down, swimming in the pond, and playing with our other dogs!!! i miss her so much,,,
hogging my bed!!! and thinking she my LAP dog....
my best friend gone!!! i just dont know if i'll ever get over her... my little charger... i miss u so much!!!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
OMG that's so awful.  I am very sorry for your loss.  Good luck with your search, but I think I would seriously consider taking another puppy from her same litter.  Sometimes things just happen and maybe color isn't as important as good health.  At any rate, I really am sorry that this happened to you.  It's just so sad.

G

·
0 Posts
there is only one puppy availiable at the michigan boxer rescue, and she has a grade 3 heart murmer...they have quite a few adult boxers, but a lot of them have not been obedience trained and are rather naughty.  Have you looked in the paper?  If you look on mlive.com which is the michigan newspaper website, it lists all clasifieds for the state and if you go to the pet section and type boxer, I found one person selling a white boxer puppy in shipshewana indiana (state border)  I'm sorry about your baby...I had trouble finding a boxer breeder in michigan, so I had to go to indiana for my little girl

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I don't know how far you are willing to go...as much as I might not enjoy doing it myself...there are breeders who will ship a pup by plane...I have seen a few white females out in the west coast...just don't know if that would work for you!  

I am SO sorry for your loss...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Personally i would be leary of those posting via newspapers. Not many reputable breeders post in the paper, they are mostly BYB's or Hobby breeders. Typically with this type of breeder the health testing isnt done and that is what could cause health problems down the line. I would hate for you to do this and end up with another sick puppy. I would look through the local resuce groups, you can teach a dog obdience training and put it in classes to get it obdience wise where you want it. Just because it doesnt have the typical training that most pups/adult dogs would have by that age isnt a reason to bypass the dog. My Savannah i got in March at the ripe old age of two she has had no formal training other than a minimal amount on lead walking. i had to housetrain her, teach her to sit, teach her what "kennel up" meant, and teach her recall. We are still working daily on obdience but i wouldnt trade my time with her for anything-even the most well behaved/trained boxer. She is completly loyal to me and my family-no one else though...she HATES people (yes we are working on that to!! :) )I wish you the best of luck in finding your dog. One other place (if you are insistant on a puppy from a breeder and not going the rescue route) is to look at the akc website and do a breeder search there.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
im sorry for your loss. I live in windsor ontario and we have a couple of breeders around here but youd have to cross the border. not toomuch fun. Im sure you will find what youre looking for in time just hang in there.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Terrible news.  Try contacting a local boxer club.  They can usually refer you to reputable breeders.  That's how I got my puppy.  They should especially be able to find you some whites because most people in boxer clubs are into showing dogs, and you can't show the whites.  I'm surprised your local rescues don't have any whites, they are usually full of them.  While I am sure you are hurting, I would not rush the process....do your best to find the healthiest pup you can, so you don't have to endure any more heartache.  Wish I could help, good luck.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So sorry for your loss.  I would contact the rescue, I know ours will give referrels for reputable breeders in the area.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I found a breeder in Michigan that is listed on the American Boxer Club site as their approved breeders and sent it to you via pm.  I don't know how close it is to you, but there are quite a large number listed on their site.  I sent this one because they did show a picture of a white boxer that is available right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts