Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
New to the forum. My boxer of (nearly) 13 years passed away in 2016. He was an amazing dog and a great friend. I'm now currently looking for my next boxer and hoping to use this site as a helpful resource.
Tom

·
Registered
634 Posts
Welcome!
So sorry for your loss. It's great you were able to share so many years with him- although I don't think there are ever enough.....

Where are you located- in general. (I now see your other post that you are in the DC area).

In our area (NC, SC) there are a few Boxer rescues that are always overflowing with adoptable furkids. I think some of these go to VA, so you may be in range.... If you are interested I can send the group names.

I'd expect there are more up in the NE. I'd google Boxer Rescue near DC and see what comes up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, CynBoxerMom! Yes, the years are never enough. That's right, I'm in Washington, DC. Though I'm willing to make a (lengthy, if necessary) drive for the right dog. I agree the boxer rescues are an excellent way to go. I actually use to volunteer at a shelter. However, I really want to get a puppy and raise it. For me personally I get great enjoyment out of this part of the process. If you know of any reputable boxer breeders in the general area I would much appreciate any recs.
All the best,
Tom

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry for your loss. Wow 13 years with a boxer is amazing. I live in the south and I'm not familiar with reputable breeders near you. Our boxer, Kai is 3 years old. He is the sweetest. HIs breeder no longer breeds but she also did not health test. So far everything is ok but after all we have read we always worry. He actually belongs to my adult daughter who is still living home, so in time he will move with her. We just got a poodle puppy, I found some boxer pups one called themselves european and didn't dock tails or remove dew claws, and another with nice looking pups but neither health tested. I somehow in my search ended up with a standard poodle 9 weeks old, out of health tested. I hope some of our boxer rubs off on him. LOL Good luck in your search!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts