Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happen to be traveling with my husband who has a work trip in Munich. Does anyone know breeders around Munich or Badan- Badan. I am looking for a breeder who has BK approved puppies. Love to meet some breeders and hopefully have some upcoming litters. Willing to wait for the right puppy.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Here is the link to BK breeders currently offering pups – 0 – 8 shows the postal codes (click on the number), this is updated almost every week. The listing shows BK approved breeders. Please be prepared for some resistance – you might not find any breeders interested in shipping pups to the US as they don’t want the dogs cropped or docked, even if you do not plan to have this done - good luck

https://www.bk-muenchen.de/welpen/welpenofferten-nach-plz.html

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding, having some issues since the website is in German. I am happy to fly back and pick up a puppy in Germany would never ship them. I love the tails so wouldn’t want to dock the tail. If anyone could connect me with anyone who may help me that would be great. Happy to provide personal references from vets etc.

·
Registered
80 Posts
As said, the breeders are BK members – Boxer parents are against standards, tested and pups are monitored by the BK after birth, most breeders will work the dogs – you cant really go wrong. It might boil down to personal taste (do you like the parents, pictures of previous litters, and if you like the breeder and kennel).Almost all of the dogs are family pets and you find the pups living at home.
You will probably be in the situation where all the pups have already been reserved even before the kennel as gone on-line to announce the litter. You can reckon around 1,500 Euros for a pup. You will get them with all vaccinations, except rabies as this needs to be done when they are older. The pups will also be chipped. You will be given a “medical passport” showing all vaccinations. Some European countries will want to see the rabies vac.
With shipping I meant having the pups going to the US in general– then again, some might be prepared to sell or maybe not, if they will not it won’t be personal, but just be prepared. I suggest you check the list and at least look at the pics of the parents and previous litters to see what you like. Try to reach them via phone before you leave and plan to visit, I realize that the link leads to the German site.

Again, good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quick update many breeders were extremely helpful willing to let me come and see their dogs. Will make some visits while I am in Germany to learn more about German boxer. The only concern breeders seemed to have would be shipping puppies. However, as long as I brought them with me in cabin and wouldn’t dock tails they had no concerns with selling me a puppy.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Good for you, happy for you! Which kennels did you contact? You are probably aware that docking and cropping has been banned here for many years now, it’s an absolute no go.
Keep us posted – when will you be visiting the kennels?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Visited some kennels over the weekend. Saw some cute puppies. Will keep ears and tail will not dock them. I just feeling a little overwhelmed and afraid that I may not be getting a healthy puppy as everything is in German. What certificates should the parents have proving health. I assume from cardiologist and orthopedist? Do German boxers also get dm?

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you buy from a kennel associated to the Boxer Club, then you will get everything. You will get the pup’s “health” passport confirming necessary vaccines, you will get blank copies for you (your vet) to fill out, HD, Spondylosis and heart to return back to the Boxer club, if you want do go down the route of testing. You will get all the paper work on pedigree showing all testing say for the last 5-6 generations. You can actually ask the breeder know for the test results.

What is DM?

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
My personal option is there are many excellent breeders in Germany however you really have to know who you are dealing with and understand the written guarantees or at least have someone who can translate for you. For many years I worked for a German import/export company , English was well spoken and written so I would hope you can get the info you are looking for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts