Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We recently had to help our senior boy cross over the rainbow bridge due to degenerative myelopathy. He has left a hole in our hearts.

I am looking for a quality breeder in the PA/MD/NY/NJ area. I am located in the Lehigh Valley, PA.

I am not in a rush, but would like a puppy by Christmas time - ish. Preferably a flashy fawn male. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thank you!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I am so sorry you had to lose your dog that way. DM testing is not even that expensive and its a shame more people don't do it. I have been hearing so many people now losing dogs to DM not just Boxers either lots of other breeds as well as mixed breed dogs. I would suggest next time getting a health tested dog for sure so you don't have to go thru this again. Unfortunately its like playing in a mine field now looking for a puppy, there seem to be alot of people willing to mislead people out of greed or plain ignorance so please be careful. I noticed when I was looking around for a breeder there are alot of what seems to be puppy mills in PA they make nice videos and pictures of kids playing with puppies but no mention of health testing those are big red flags! There are good breeders out there sometimes it just takes some time and talking to people AKC doesn't' mean health tested either so some people assume that means they come from quality dogs not so. Good luck with your search! It took me several months.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
I can only suggest you contact your local breed club for recommendations. Its a good source and they always welcome new people looking for health tested pups from reputable breeders.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good luck with your search. I’m coming up with nothing either. Have you tried your local shelters or rescue groups as well???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts