Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

After waiting about two years since my last boxer passed away, I'm now starting to search for a new one. I debated whether to get another boxer as I feared that I would always compar him to Mencey, which is rather unfair, but I've now come to terms with that and know that the new one will be just as special to me. Mencey lived to be 13 1/2, was always healthy and active, and had the nicest disposition I've ever seen in any dog. He's truly missed.

Can anyone recommend a reputable breeder in Texas?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
You can look here: Im pretty sure they are all reputable or she wouldnt have added them but ask all the questions just in case!

Im sorry to hear about your other boxer!! :cry:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Oscar came from Missouri... I know it's not Texas, but....

she has another breed planned in Jan. to be ready to go early May I believe... same mom and dad as Oscar.

if you have no luck in Texas, and are willing to branch out further, let me know and I'll give you her contact info.

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
Didn't Alexa's Drake come from a Texas breeder?
Sounds like you had a wonderful relationship with Mencey, and that he lived to be a healthy old age. And now you are ready for a new chapter in your Boxer family. Good luck.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
First off, I am very sorry for your loss..Losing our best friends is very painful..As far as the comparisons, don't worry, oh sure you more than likely will make some, I know I do, but the fun thing about Boxers to me, each one is soo unique...I've been owned by 5 and they all had such distinct personalities, part of the joy of this lovely breed I think....As far as where to start your search, you might also check out your local Boxer Club, attend some shows, speak to breeders and find one that you like, then go from there.....Good luck on your search :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So sorry for your loss.  If you are looking you might want to look at some rescues too, there are so many in rescue that need great homes.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I know of RocketBoxers in Austin.  http://www.rocketboxers.com/  I don't believe she has any litters coming up, but she's active in the boxer community and would be a wonderful resource. She could also probably make some suggestions of responsible breeders to look into, if you decided to move forward.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
James is from the Texas TuRo kennel. His dad Overture, is the sire of the #6 boxer in the United States. They are in Chappell Hill, TX.

I'm so, so sorry for the loss of your sweet boxer. Even if they live a good long life, it's never long enough.  :( I hope you find another sweetheart.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks y'all for all the responses. Killeen is just up the road from Austin and Chappell Hill is really not that far and RocketBoxers is right in town so I now have three leads plus some out-of-state breeders others have recommended off-line.

I can't wait to get another Boxer in the family. Having a cat somehow it's just not the same ;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts