Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Do you use a doggie door?
2. How do you like it?
3. what doggie door did you purchase and why?
4. How has this impacted you life?

Mine would be attached to my laundry room door and Baxter would have access to the back yard and I also have a 6ft chain link fence.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was thinking about a dog door.  The panel kind that fits into a sliding glass patio door.  That is until I thought about my cats.  I don't want them getting out and I am sure there are a few neighbor cats that would like to get in.  I think the only kind that would work for us here would be the kind that has a lock and radio control collar to unlock it.

Good luck with the door search.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
OMG, It's the best thing since sliced bread  :lol: I got the Pet Safe Ultra, I think it's called..Magnetic flaps, very nice..I got the XL, and put it as low to the bottom as we could to accomodate Samson...Training was easy for Angel, Samson was a bit tougher, he doesn't like change. But what we did is one was on outside, the other inside, each with treats and coaxed them back and forth thru the door...Now I don't have to take Angel out when she needs to go,Samson is fine off leash, they can sit out and sunbathe and amuse themsleves as well...I close it at nite so they can't go out, no need and we have critters that even with the fence still get into the yard, like the skunk  :roll: I highly recomend if you have a fenced yard to get one

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
samsonsmom\";p=\"86970 said:
OMG, It's the best thing since sliced bread  :lol: I got the Pet Safe Ultra, I think it's called..Magnetic flaps, very nice..I got the XL, and put it as low to the bottom as we could to accomodate Samson...Training was easy for Angel, Samson was a bit tougher, he doesn't like change. But what we did is one was on outside, the other inside, each with treats and coaxed them back and forth thru the door...Now I don't have to take Angel out when she needs to go,Samson is fine off leash, they can sit out and sunbathe and amuse themsleves as well...I close it at nite so they can't go out, no need and we have critters that even with the fence still get into the yard, like the skunk  :roll: I highly recomend if you have a fenced yard to get one
yes that's the one I got. I do have to add however...that on super windy days, it does knock the flap back and forth. even with the strong magnets that hold it down.

·
Registered
648 Posts
1. Do you use a doggie door? Yes- Just installed one.
2. How do you like it? Britney Loves it. Took her a few minutes and a few treats and now she goes in and out as she likes. However, I do notice she likes to fight with the flap...lol but I think in time that won't be such a big thrill...
3. what doggie door did you purchase and why? Looks to be very similar to the one you are showing..
4. How has this impacted you life? To soon to tell - but it would appear that britney can go and come as she pleases which pleases me! :)

G

·
0 Posts
When we get a house with a fenced in yard we are getting a doggie door.  My parents have one for their doxie.  She loves it and my parents love it more.  she goes in and out as she likes.  

I will have to agree with britneysdad about Baxter's markings.  I LOVE them.  So cute.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I have 1 and would not trade it for the world! I have had it for sereral years for the cockers it is for med dogs and I am going to have to get a large one for the pups. The boys go in & out on their own to potty or just to play they have a fenced in yared to play in outside. My cat goes in & out too. I have had it for 10 yrs and only had gifts brought in :roll: . No other critters have come in on thier own I guess the yard full of dogs scares them off

·
Registered
491 Posts
We've had our doggie door installed for about 1 1/2 years and I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Now I can finally get some rest at night, because Gunnar can come and go, when he's in his "patrolling" mode.  Ours opens from the laundry room to the backyard and we have a 6 ft fence so no critters can get in.  The only bad side to the door is if it starts raining and I don't get it closed, well, lets just say my carpet has definitely seen better days.  But we're in the process of putting in wood floors anyways, so oh well!!  Seriously, the door is a life saver!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I also just LOVE my doggie door. Tessie and Abbie just love it as well. They are both really curious so the just come and go as they please. It is also nice because I drive about 30 miles home so I don't have to worry anymore when there is an accident. Now with the doggie door Tessie's new favorite spot to nap is outside in the dirt... They also have a giant fenced in backyard to play in.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Wait..they have ones for a sliding glass door? I thought we'd never be able to have one b/c that's our only way out to the yard

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
FREDOSMOM\";p=\"87297 said:
Wait..they have ones for a sliding glass door? I thought we'd never be able to have one b/c that's our only way out to the yard
Yes they do!!! Check around a few different places, petsmart, petco, dr fosters, care a lot

1 - 15 of 15 Posts