Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an AKC male flashy brindle I am hoping to stud. He's my best friend and I would love to have one of his pups. I contacted the breeder I got him from originally but due to her cancer diagnosis, she no longer breeds. Thanks for any help, i didn't know where else to try to find help.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Please if you are going to breed do all the necessary health testing for boxers beforehand. Being your best friend really doesn't warrant breeding him. I recently lost my boxer to a brain cancer, and many of us here have also lost our boxers at young ages. Mine was only 5 years old. Who knew he could be so sick. If this is what you truly want to do, go to a AKC certified breeder as a mentor, learn about health testing if you have not already done so. Good luck.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate your response Lindar51 and am sorry for your loss of your boxer. I have had him checked and he's completely healthy. He has been studded once before and had to be medically cleared. He's 8 now and still acts like he's a puppy most of the time.

·
Registered
344 Posts
There are other tests that should be performed as well as DM testing and Holter and Echo Cardio heart screenings and hip and elbow if you are going to do it right. I wish you luck. I know I personally will not buy a dog without those screenings done I have paid a heavy price for buying untested dogs before won't happen again.

·
Super Moderator
6,972 Posts
We do not allow puppy sales or seeking breeding services on this forum. Any discussion of puppies/litters can be done after the breeder has been cleared by the Mod team.

We only support and promote ethical breeding practices. Please read the rules of the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.