Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I forgot to add this in my previous post...hopefully you can help!

Loomis has gone to the dog park since he was three months old - and LOVES IT!  He plays with all other dogs great, and is simply a joy for both me and other dog owners...UNTIL THIS WEEKEND!

On Friday, Loomis had been playing and having lots of fun at the dog park, when a 10 month old female boxer showed up!  I was super excited that another boxer was there (Loomis had enjoyed playing with other boxers in the past), except this time he made a beeline for her, and became extremely agressive and growling - something he had never done before.  I quickly separated them, and apologized, but I could tell Loomis was fixed on this boxer...I waited about 5 minutes and then let him go again, and he did the same thing - went right after this boxer - even though there were 10 or so other dogs there.  So - I had to leave at that point...

Saturday came, and it was like dejavu...he was playing and having fun, when another (but different) female boxer showed up and he left all the other dogs and "attacked" this boxer..."attack" is probably too extreme - but a higher level of "doggie play" - more than just jumping and play biting...he just seemed very scary.  So we had to leave again.

Loomis is six months old and gets fixed on Thursday...could his MANHOOD be playing a role in this?  It was super scary - and so weird that he picked a female boxer to be aggressive towards - especially since he has NEVER been aggressive towards ANY dogs.

HELP AND ADVICE PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
942 Posts
I'm sure his 'manhood' is playing a huge part in it. Maybe it's like when a guy in grade school has a crush on a girl, he picks on her *shrugs*.

My first boxer, Harley, was great at the dog park until he turned 2 years old or so, he started trying to fight with everyone...he wasn't fixed though.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
CrazieKC\";p=\"98547 said:
I'm sure his 'manhood' is playing a huge part in it. Maybe it's like when a guy in grade school has a crush on a girl, he picks on her *shrugs*.

My first boxer, Harley, was great at the dog park until he turned 2 years old or so, he started trying to fight with everyone...he wasn't fixed though.
I agree.....I would try again after he has been altered and see how he does ( give it about 2 to 3 weeks after)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Is it also possible that either of the 2 females were in season? I mean, myself personally I wouldn't bring a female in season to a park, but you know how some people are...It does sound like hormones kicking in as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts