Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first time my family has experience this. Someone just dropped a female boxer in my yard. She was microchipped so we called the number but unfortunately they said they rehomed her and don't know how to contact the new owners. I found that hard to believe. Has anyone experience two adult female boxers getting along? I've done some research and was told it was a bad idea. My husband and I are considering keeping her but are afraid of my CoCo fighting with that boxer. Any advice would be very helpful. We love boxers and see this as an opportunity to help a boxer that may have been neglected.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is the first time my family has experience this. Someone just dropped a female boxer in my yard. She was microchipped so we called the number but unfortunately they said they rehomed her and don't know how to contact the new owners. I found that hard to believe. Has anyone experience two adult female boxers getting along? I've done some research and was told it was a bad idea. My husband and I are considering keeping her but are afraid of my CoCo fighting with that boxer. Any advice would be very helpful. We love boxers and see this as an opportunity to help a boxer that may have been neglected.
My experience is that boxers are accepting of other dogs if they've been fixed.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much...that is comforting to read. My CoCo is fixed but she is not. My dogs including my German Shepherd get along with other dogs and we have always socialized them with my children's dogs when they visit us. CoCo and Peeti (my GS) are very laid back. We have a huge yard and believe that the lost/found boxer will enjoy it. My husband and I would like to adopt her if no one claims her. We are so nervous and hope all will work out. I appreciate your post.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
From this forum I've always heard that two female boxers do not get along. However I've had other breeds and had females, all spayed and they got along fine. I also feel a lot has to do with the dogs personality. I'm finding female dogs to be more alpha in personality. But who knows give it time and you will see. Maybe the original owner coulee give you some insight to her past behaviors that could help you work with her.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just saw your post about 2 female boxers not getting along. My wife and I were ALWAYS told to have a male and a female and never two females at the same time. And over the past 17 years we’ve always had two boxers - ALWAYS male/female. Currently though we DO have 2 females - unrelated - about a year apart in age and they get along GREAT and are inseparable. I think in SOME instances it has a lot to do with the personalities of each dog. Not sure if I’ve helped any, but I do hope that your situation has worked out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wonder why the original owners rehomed her and maybe the second owners 'rehomed' her also. I would ask the original owners why they rehomed.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I'd get ahold of the Boxer rescue organization that is closest to where you live. They can send somebody over to evaluate your situation. If the person who dumped this dog in your yard has adopted from their rescue they need to know.

You have the task of finding this dog the happiest forever home possible. That would be the first priority, but if she would work in your home, then that would be great too.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Generally speaking two females Boxers is not a good idea??? Still "crap happens" and I'd not be giving up a free Boxer myself.

If you still have the dog??? Rules Structure and Limitations are the keys to success. I can explain but not much point if the dog is gone????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts