Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Duke lost his first tooth yesterday I found it laying in his chair. I noticed he has chewed holes through every single toy he has, and he chews on my hand just enough to rub his gums. I got him a teething ring for a baby and that seems to help a lot he hasn't went anywhere without it. I'm going to freeze a washcloth in a moment and let him chew on that with supervision of course. But how long does it usually take for them to lose these baby teeth and grow their adult ones? And what have you used to soothe their gums and teeth bothering them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,569 Posts
Don't worry,let nature run its course :)

Don't think the washcloth is a good idea,keep the chewtoys as clean as possible and ride along!

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Yep what Martin said, don't worry about it, it soon shall pass just give him plenty of toys to chew if the needs hits and when he is about 10 months he will go thru another chew time as his teeth set into his jaw. (if I remember correct)

·
Premium Member
4,569 Posts
Yup and a lil pointer;even if its appealing,dont encourage playing tug-o-war with new teeth,he will loose them pronto...if he gets something in his mouth like a branch don't pull on it

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yup and a lil pointer;even if its appealing,dont encourage playing tug-o-war with new teeth,he will loose them pronto...if he gets something in his mouth like a branch don't pull on it
This is good to know! Willow is also losing her teeth right now and chewing everything!

·
Super Moderator
7,025 Posts
That's a molar :) usually the last to fall out so those front teeth have already come through.

We soak and freeze knotted rope toys and give frozen turkey necks to our pups.

·
Premium Member
4,569 Posts
That's a molar :) usually the last to fall out so those front teeth have already come through.

We soak and freeze knotted rope toys and give frozen turkey necks to our pups.
my-my.those pups are spoiled rotten :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts