Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tough day for my family we had to make the decision to have our baby Layla put to sleep so she can continue her journey at the Rainbow Bridge. She was only 4 months old and we only had her for 2 months. But in that time she touched our hearts and did not know a stranger. She had a severely defective heart from birth apparently, and she was having sudden episodes of fainting that were getting worse. Her resting heart rate was over 200 bpm and she wouldn't be able to live like a normal dog (running, playing, long walks etc) due to lack of oxygen. Hard decision and we were just starting to see her real personality. The kicker is my wife, who didn't really want a dog, was just starting to come around to her. My six year old son has lost his little partner. RIP Layla my beautiful and first ever boxer. You'll always be daddy's favorite "Bulldogge".

Layla
08/04/13-12/12/13

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Oh I am so sorry! She was beautiful! I lost my Struddell last month 12-25-2013. White Boxer. Kinda how I wound up here. :(

I was kinda hoping we would have no "new" entries at least till after Christmas..yeah I know!

Man she was pretty! What is that color called? And again I am so sorry!:cry:

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm very sorry, that's very rough to lose her just as you were getting to know her, but you did make the right call for her, I think. She likely wouldn't have been able to live a healthy life with a heart problem like that. So sorry.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I'm so very sorry for the loss of beautiful Layla. My heart breaks for you and your family especially your young son :( Godspeed sweet Layla your heart is healed now and you are running happy and healthy with all the fur-angels. Find Gouda she will show you the ropes :)

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Oh I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful baby girl; let your family know we are sending hugs at this painful time. Layla you can run to your hearts content now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts