Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, ive not really been here much these past few days and here is why....

my grandmother decided she wanted to get a new dog.. so i took her to (what we were told) was a respectable breeder in mckee kentucky. well when we got there all was going well.. the dogs looked happy and healthy.. she was trying to sell me a poodle when i told her that i was a boxer lady but had decided to wait a while longer before getting another boxer.. she told me i was free to go and look at her boxers she kept in her home.. that her husband was indoors.

soooooo i went to look while i was waiting on my grandmother. when i got inside i was greeted with 5 boxer babies and a mommy boxer. they were so cute, and again in the home her husband tried to sell me one.. of course i said no again. but when i was leaving i saw a box in the corner move and a dog whine.. i looked at him puzzled because all the dogs had kennels and were all kept in climate controlled areas and were all seperated out and i was impressed really.. she had them all lots of room to play and stated that she only let them have one litter a year or sometimes every 2 years.

but i asked the guy if there was a dog in there.. and he replyed.. "oh that?.. ummmm thats a mutt that im taking to have put down?."... i was shocked so i asked if i could see it.. he was a bit hesitant but he let me in the box and there in a small box was a white boxer.. TINY boxer..

i gasped and looked at him and began screaming demanding to know why he had that baby in that box and said he was "putting him down".. he told me that white boxers were no good and he couldnt sell a "dog like that" from his kennel because he was so "well known"

i picked the baby up and it was COVERED in fleas.. at first i thought they were spots and i moved his hair to look at his skin and they were fleas... it was gross.. i was so mad i told him that it was cruel and that i was contacting the police.

sooooooooo

long story short i called police and they came and that dog is now in my home. i took him. (no i didnt pay him for it, i just took it and police agree'd i could if the owners said ok)

but now i have a tiny white boxer boy here.. i got him home and gave him a good bath and then got all the flea's off of him

but now i need ADVISE.. i had changed my mind on another boxer ESPECIALLY one that was in this condition. so what do i do now?

here is what ive done so far....

bathed him GOOD and got all the fleas off him.. fed him and gave him a dose of wormer and flea med's i picked up at tractor supply or the time being. and planned on getting him to the vet FIRST THING MONDAY

I dont know anything about whites and i tried doing a search but didnt find anything

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Re: Lots to tell.... AND HELP TOO.... sorry its long.. plz r

thats horrible but... KEEP HIM lol... whites are no different unless they are def and then they are the same but u have to teach them w/ your hands... Dungy is white and just like all the others

Im just wondering what he looks like... all white any color... also what did the police do and what did your grandmother do

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

my granny left with me and the police did NOTHING but say they would "follow up"

i thought that whites had a lot of health issues?.. i checked him the best i could when i got home and he seems to hear out of both ears fine and he isnt blind or dont appear to be.. he is eating good and poop was solid.. but kind of soft.. not to bad.

im planning on keeping him.. im just getting information on what to expect in the long run.. this is not what i thought id be doing when i woke up this morning....lol

yes i wanted another boxer but had planned on waiting a bit longer.

and no he isnt white all over.. He had  SMALL .. dot of fawn on the top if his head between his ears.. i snapped a pic just now.. ill post it here and ill get some in a few min of the spot on his head

im really nervous now and scared for the little guy.. all i know about him is he is 7 weeks  old and his parents were flashy fawn boxer (dad) and mom was mostly white and fawn...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

oops that was the pic ON THE WAY HOME ill post the other in a sec.. i clicked the wrong one..

but if you look at the towel he is on you can see the fleas that were crawling from him to the towel. the black specks. and hs is cleaner and more white now

·
Banned
2,318 Posts

Brandi, that was a wonderful thing that you did kudos to you for taking a stand.but like soccergk said, whites are really no different unless they are deaf. i think all the other boxer prospects that you had in the past probably did not work out because you were meant to have this one! that is just my opinion anyway. :)

·
Banned
2,318 Posts

oh yeah, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts

i totally agree... u saved his life... and i know what u are going through... when i got dungy ppl were coming up to me telling me that he might be deaf or even blind and all the health issues that whites have... i kept wondering if i made the wrong choice but now i look back on it and it is hilarious

Dungy is just like any other dog that i know just a different color and he is definitely not blind or deaf... even if he was he is my baby... treat him like any other boxer.

CONGRATS!!!! he is cute too

·
Registered
3,728 Posts

Thank Goodness you were there and did the right thing!! I really believe that sometimes the strangest things happen to us just because that's the way things were meant to be......for some reason this little guy has been given to you, congrats :lol: Just getting the fleas off him will be a huge improvement I'm sure. Does he look anemic from the fleas? Such as pale gums?? Blitzen   is a white babe and as far as health goes I've not read any proof that theres a difference except maybe sun protection and possible deafness.
As far as being deaf, I believe that happens as they get older 6 -8 weeks maybe? Even that is not a HUGE obstacle, just different. He's adorable and sooo tiny. Good Luck and more pics when you can :lol:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

maybe but im still nervous.. i think more so because i had convinsed myself i was going to wait.. im trying to get the pics up now.. i have to chage the format on them so give me just a second..

and im waiting on introducing him and harley to much until after he is seen with vet.. but i did let them meet and they did okay
harley was very excited and just wanted to lick the baby and lick and lick and lick.. lol

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

his gums look okay to me.. but his skin is really pink and scratch on his belly where he had  been digging but all the fleas are gone and i gave him the wormer and a otc flea drop.

he is 7 weeks now.. so ill watch for any hearing change over the next few weeks

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Lots to tell.... AND HELP TOO.... UPDATE PIC'S ADDED

here are 2 pic's of him.. one of the spot on his head (sorry its blurry i was letting my daugher meet him after deciding to keep him).

oh and i found another tiny spot of fawn on the edge of his ear it was on the bottom in the back so it was hidden

other than the health concerns and the research im doing as we speak

i guess my only other question is

A NAME????

brian like tyson

·
Registered
204 Posts

Awww you did the right thing. You should keep him. The vet will take care of him and make things more clear. That breeder was a jerk. He just want to make money and doesn't care about the dog at all. People can be so cruel sometimes it really just shocks me. You should report him for animal abuse.

A white boxer is the same as the other boxers, they are just more prune to blindness and deafness, but they will love you the same and devote to you the same way as the other ones.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts

ARGG!!!! I HATE WHITE BOXER HATERS! THAT MAKES ME SOOO MADE, THOSE PEOPLE WHO SAID THEY WERE GOING TO PUT HIM DOWN SHOULD BE CASTRATED!!!!!! ARGG!!

On the positive side :) Proud of you for taking him in! he is adorable. He shouldnt be any different than the other ones, like the other poeple said, more prone to deaf and blindness.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

what about sun protection????.. what do i do in that regard?

sorry if im flooding you with questions im just really nervous

·
Registered
2,650 Posts

You can use baby sunlotion on them too, i know that we use it on the pups nose because it can get really red, and if you ever need anything you can always pm me, i know i have just a wee bit of experience with whities. I think its really great of you for taking this baby in, who knows what would have really happened to him if you hadnt gotten him.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

thanks.. and im sure ill have LOADS of questions... ill get some good pics of him and harley after the vet visit and i get a clean bill of health .. so i can introduce them

·
Registered
2,327 Posts

omg adorable... that nose will prolly turn black too lol... um names, tyson is good, there are a lot of tyson boxers though... i always liked Ace and Dwight lol

·
Registered
2,650 Posts

Oh good :) defidently don't be shy with the questions, we all start out somewhere, but just remember, they arent all that different from coloured ones. Pretty excited to see some pics!!! Any for sure names yet?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

not yet.. so far im having trouble talking brian out of tyson..lol

but i like

donner
kyser

im needing ideas BAD on names

he so far seems really quiet and wants to just be around us

he climbs up to our neck and just lays there.. he will go off and play only for a few seconds but keeps watching to see if we are still there..lol

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Lots to tell.... AND HELP TOO.... A NEW QUESTION

OH i forgot i do have a serious questtion

his dewclaws havent been removed? .. is this a concern??????

but for a really odd reason his tail was done.. i found that funny for the ppl to do when they said they were gonna have him put down that whiteys were bad dogs.?? hmmmmmm :?

1 - 20 of 118 Posts