Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading Sully's thread on allergies, I was wondering if anyone experienced the morning snorting.  Bruce just got off his medicine for kennel cough and no longer coughs at all.  But in the morning, he will do these big 3 or 4 snort/nose clearing type actions.  You don't hear them during the day so much.  Maybe I should do some cleaning?  Could be dust.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hmm...does it sound like Bruce is pulling air in through his nose, as in the opposite of a sneeze? Does he extend his head and make a real loud snorting noise while this is happening? It sounds to me like reverse sneezing or a gag reflex.  It's pretty common and could be caused by allergies or it could be some sort of respiratory problem. Being the time of year it is, I'd be willing to bet allergies. If it is a reverse sneeze it should only last for a few seconds, and no treatment is necessary.
I hope that's all it is. My last boxer use to do this in the middle of the night, he would scare the crap out of me!  :-O

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exactly like you said.  Only happens in the night for a few seconds.  Only problem is he'll do it right in front of me and its not pleasant to wake up to.  If it gets worse, I'll call the vet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts