Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm a first-time owner and this is my 12-week old female pup, Tully.

I've had her since she was 9 weeks and she's so sweet. She LOVES kids and people often comment on how pretty she is! I think so too..

My cat is still having none of it 3 weeks in and spends most of her time outside.

Did anyone's cats eventually come around? I love my cat and she used to spend a lot of time with me, but she's still ignoring me... and won't interact with Tully at all.

Here's a photo of Tully at 9 weeks (1st) and recently :).

Attachments

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Tulles a gorgeous pup. We also have cats and yes they came around all on their own and now I even find them sleeping near one another. Our puppy had to learn "leave it" or no with the cat eventually he was calm enough to just give a sniff and we would say "leave it". Our boy will be 3 next month, how time flies.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Super cute! Our pup is 6 months old. One of our cats still want nothing to do with him. The other will let him sniff him but that is about as good as it gets. It's still progress. Good luck! Take lots of pictures.. they grow so fast!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh how cute!! He is adorable! Our Valkyrie is almost 6 months old and we just love her to pieces! We don't have cats, but it took a few weeks for our Border Collie Thor to tolerate her, but now they are total buddies! My little Choodle Poe loved her instantly and plays momma dog haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I had a beautiful Himalayan cat that was so friendly and affectionate. Then I got my first male Boxer who was 8 weeks old and smaller than my cat. My cat didnt seem to care. The dog was always gentle. As the boxer got bigger my sweet affectionate went into hiding. He rarely showed himself after my dog got big. It was very sad! Then at 10 years of age he got real sick I had to put him down. I think the stress got him sick. But every cat is different. Many cats love their dog companions. I never got another cat. Boxers only for me now! Hope everything works out!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts