Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to share a story with you about my boy, Tye.  I got Tye from a shelter back in 1999, they had found him on the street and it was obvious he was running away from abusive owners.  He had a scar on his neck from an embedded choker that someone had left on him, he was underweight, and full of fleas, and OH MY did that boy ever stink!!!  The shelter had him in with  other bigger dogs and when I came to the front of the cage, they penned him against it.  He gave me the saddest look!  I pet him, and tried to get the other dog's off, but it was no use, they wanted picked!  But, I knew, he was the one i wanted.
  I walked outside, and all the dog's ran out in the run, and there was my Tye, being pushed around again.  I knelt and petted him and said, I'll be back.  I walked away to go sign the adoption papers, but I stopped at the end of the building, just out of sight.  I waited, and then looked back. All the other dogs had gone back inside, except for my Tye!  He was sitting there, just waiting for me!  I walked back over and said, "don't you worry.  You're coming home with me."
  As boxer owners, I need not go into detail about how that boy changed my life and stole my heart.  He instantly became my soul mate, and mommy's heart.  I had a heart operation when I was young, and Tye was born with a heart on his chest.  It wasn't a coloration, it was the way his hair grew in.  I always said, God took my heart and put it on his chest.
  Tye passed away January 28th of this year.  I was devastated but there was no choice, he had cancer and I awoke to him coughing up blood.  He didn't suffer, but I did.  I cried for 2 days straight, and I was so involved in my missing him, I felt like I died too.
   For those 2 days, I went around taking pictures, just trying 2 prove 2 myself he came back after he checked into heaven, and I DID catch his spirit on tape!  He used to lay on this love seat alot as he got older and sicker, and that's where he was in the picture.
   Now, you would think that would be something, but there is more!  I called him mommy's heart, and EVERYDAY, I have seen a heart, somewhere, somehow, out of the blue!  On bumper stickers,  on tv, in the paper, at the store while looking for a watch band!  (i looked down and there was a watchband full of hearts!)  
   My mom had to go to the hospital, and Tye was showing me that he was with me and felt my fear.  I bet I saw 20 or more hearts that day on my way to the hospital and while I was there!!  He's amazing!!
    This has been an ongoing occurance now for over 3 months!!  EVERY SINGLE DAY!!  I know it is not a fluke, it is my boy, Tye!! My heart, my sunshine, my soul mate!
    I wish I could post a picture of him, and his spirit picture, but I'm not sure if it will go through because I have dial up, but if I can,  I will.
    I hope this brings hope to those who are facing, or have faced the crossing over of your hearts.  Tye is proof, the love and connection never dies, it just changes forms!
    :D

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I am sorry you lost Tye. It is always harder on us to let them go. He does seem to be a very special boy, and no matter how long its been since his passing he will always be there for you...

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Oh my gosh did that make me cry..I am so glad you were led to him and gave him some wonderful years filled with pure love..I would so love to see a picture of him..what a wonderful and touching story to share..thank you.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
So sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your heart warming story!

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Your story brought tears to my eyes too.  I lost my best doggy friend last year, my Rottweiler Charlie.  I can't even describe the loss I felt for my buddy who was there with me through everything.

RIP Tye!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. Tye sounded like a wonderful boy, and you are right...the love never does die.

Run free Tye.

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
That also brought tears to my eyes. Isn't it funny how when someone (human or fur) leaves us, they find a way to remind us of them every day. That also happened when my mom passed 2 years ago. Constant reminders of all things 'aloha', which is where she dies. Still happens all the time. :(

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
So sorry for your loss. I too lost my long time companion 1 1/2 years ago, 15-year old Chow Chow, Delilah. She was also a rescue dog and mine from the moment we met.

Thanks for sharing your story.

·
Registered
91 Posts
We try to take the best of care of our babies, to prolong their stay here with us. It still seems like it goes by so quick. My Son is 8 and he will ask "Mama when I get old enough to move out, is Abbey coming with me to my house?" I always say "Sure honey, shes your dog". :cry:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Your story brought tears to my eyes.  I'm so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Wow that was a very moving story and i am so sorry that you had to let your boy go. Its a decision that i know must have been one of the hardest of your life. :(

I think the heart thing is his way of saying "hey Mom, dont be sad im still here waiting for you", he'll be at the bridge in all his glory with Boxer wiggles and kisses for you. :love:

Rescuing him must have been the happiest day of his life, im sure hes still around you and protecting you in his way. >:D<

RIP Tye, run free at the bridge buddy x O:)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Bawling like a baby here, but also smiling...These babies leave such a lasting impression on us, it never leaves....God bless them all, we are just soo lucky to be blessed with that type of love...I ache for your loss...Run free Tye

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wow what a touching story! I am very sorry for your loss...those boxers sure have way of stealing our hearts and never ever letting go! My girl was put down in November and I still cry from time to time and think of her constantly!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Im so sorry for your loss - Tye sounds like he was an amazing dog. Your story bought tears to my eyes and like Willow said - a smile to my lips.
They are so special to us. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss, Tye sounds like he was a very special friend. Run pain free Tye.  I am so happy that you shared your story with us.  We would love to see some pictures if you are able to post them.  You might want to try to get a photobucket account for posting pictures on the forum.

·
Registered
17 Posts
OMG...   I started crying right from when you saw that pitifully wrinkly face pinned up against that pen...

Calmed down a bit then started crying every time I read everybody's responses.

I too lost my soul mate Oct 2006. When I read these type of stories, I just think of my Shannon waiting at the bridge for me.   :(( >:D<

1 - 20 of 20 Posts