Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else have a boxer that loves to lick? i cant seem to get her to stop! she even licks the couch. how do i get her to stop licking?  :signhelp:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Phoenix loves to give us kisses but she doesn't really lick random objects. The only weird habit she has is at "grandma's" house she licks this one certain stop of tile in the kitchen - no where else just the one section.
Maybe someone else has had a similar experience.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
No advice here.....Lola is a licker too!  She was under the table yesterday at dinner licking people's socks!  :roll:  :-&
If you find out how to stop it or "control" it please let me know!!

·
Registered
942 Posts
our dogs lick everything...us, themselves, the couch, the car interior/windows, all kinds of random things. We've been kind of working on 'no lick' when we don't want kisses, it works sometimes. lol

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah is not a big licker unless little kids are around so I don't have any ideas for you, sorry  :)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Haha...Maddie will lick you raw if you let her! Definitely a licker! She has two kinds of licks..the cleaning lick, and the kissing lick. The cleaning lick drives me insane, can't even stand to hear it, so I just say "Maddie Stop", and she pretty much stops. The same thing with her kissing lick except I say "Maddie, No Lick" and she will stop also. Sometimes you can't even touch her without being licked, and if you ignore her, she will come up to you and just start licking. I think it's pretty much a boxer thing!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
yup, we got lickers too..Actually it seems to be centered on the couch and the comforter more than anything else :)

·
Registered
942 Posts
tootsie\";p=\"98561 said:
Haha...Maddie will lick you raw if you let her! Definitely a licker! She has two kinds of licks..the cleaning lick, and the kissing lick. The cleaning lick drives me insane, can't even stand to hear it, so I just say "Maddie Stop", and she pretty much stops. The same thing with her kissing lick except I say "Maddie, No Lick" and she will stop also. Sometimes you can't even touch her without being licked, and if you ignore her, she will come up to you and just start licking. I think it's pretty much a boxer thing!
Kaci is the exact same way, you can't even just pet her without getting wet.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Good luck :mrgreen: ! I have a big licker and now a little licker. I haven't had success trying to get the licking to stop. But then, I'm not very consistent because it really doesn't bother me. I've made half hearted attempts at getting Freya to stop because others find her licking annoying. Ignoring her definitely doesn't help becasue the more we ignore her the more she licks :D .

Kerri

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yep, all the boxers I've had in the past tend to kiss a LOT. I also found when I tell my puppy not to bite something... He licks it instead :)

·
Registered
913 Posts
We have the two types of licking.....kisses..and "i'm gonna lick you till you bleed" ones...THAT has come to a stop thankfully with the "no lick" command
On top of the licking, we have the "no bite" down to a science..but since that has stopped the little bugger does this funny thing with her front teeth like nibbling FAST..she doesn't hurt...its just another weirdo thing she does to play with me... :lol: If it comes to hurting..that too will be curbed FAST!
Also...we play at bedtime..and on the floor with a blanket..and I hide and call her name..she now has learned to UN-BURY me with her paws...maybe she's part St Bernard, and thinks I have been in an avalache..lol..goofy girl..but SO much fun!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Maggie is a licker... even if im holding her head away from me she is still sticking her tongue out and trying to lick...

and she even licks our sweaters and jeans and sneakers... shes a nut!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Duke will lick Adams head for hours.  He won't stop until Adam moves....its gross his hair will be super wet.  Gross

1 - 14 of 14 Posts