Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday afternoon my fiance noticed a bump on Tanzy's head. Earlier that day my fiance's stupid friend bopped her on the head with a huge icicle and I heard it break about 10 feet away. I'm hoping this is what caused the bump but being a neurotic doggie mom I'm really concerned. (The next morning the friend was at the house again and I chewed him out! How could he do that to my baby girl?!?)

The bump is hard - I can pinch her skin and lift and it's not attached to her skull or anything. It's sort of weird in shape - like a rounded triangle about 1/2-3/4" long. It hasn't gotten any bigger - but it hasn't gone down either.

It sucks because Saturda morning I had to bring my lab in for bloodwork because he has a growth on his leg which he's getting removed Friday. Does it ever end?!?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I would wait to see if it goes down unless it seems like it is bothering her then I would take her to the vet.  I know when I bumped my head it took several days for the bump to go down.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response :)

I guess I'm concerned because of the odd shape and hardness of it. I know I would have noticed it before so it has to be because of the bop. As you said, Kiahsmom, when I bump my head it's usually a hard bump and may take a couple days to go down. I guess I'll just wait it out!

Thanks, again :)

G

·
0 Posts
I would have bopped the friend on the head with an icicle and see how he liked it!    :evil:

That said...  I would give it a few days too.  If it doesn't go down off to the vet I would go!  My doxie several years ago got bitten on the head by my cousin's lab.  (she isn't too bright and tried to take the lab's chewbone   :roll: )  She developed a huge bump on top of her head.  The vet did surgery because it wouldn't go away.  She has this little tiny scar now.  Other than that shes great.  I wouldn't worry about it too much.  

Let us know what happens!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts