Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering for all that are currently going through teething, if your pup has ever had any weird lumps on their lips...as though they bit their cheeks with those new big dog teeth.
Ashley woke up yesterday with a lump about the size of the end of my first finger..on the soft fleshy part of her lower lip..all the way to the back corner of the mouth( only saw it because she yawned in my face...how RUDE!! LOL ). It is some type of soft tissue injury, not a tooth abcess, as its lip only..and nowhere near the firm tissue of the jaw structure.
Two other things..she WAS playing with her rowdy "cousin" ( a malteese ) Sunday, and was bleeding slightly from either dislodging another tooth, or a bite ( couldn't tell..she wouldn't let me look), and also..both my DH and myself have gotten bitten by spiders in the past 2 days ..yuck...they are hatching, and eww..comining INSIDE...I found her batting a dead one this AM on the living room floor..then sticking her nose down to it...maybe a spider bite??
She is totally fine other wise..not off her food..or lethargic...any ideas?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Sounds like it could be either one but I think if it was a spider bite the lip would be more swollen (not an expert just my opinion).  When my pit bull got bit on the lips from fire ants his lips got really hard and swollen.  I know some of the little dogs will play and bite at lips; I would just watch it to see if it looks infected.

·
Registered
544 Posts
My last boxer Blu had something similar.  When I took her into the vet it turned out that is was just a sliver from a stick she had been chewing (she was a big stick chewer) - I just had to watch for infection.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I would keep an eye on it...but it could be any of those things....If it is a bite by her new teeth, the other dog or a spider it will be better in a few days, if it is something stuck in the lip or from something she chewed it will become more swollen and red and start looking infected....It is probably nothing to worry about though....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts