Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have noticed a lump on the top of my boxer's paw. she isn't limping or licking it, but I am worried. I am going to schedule a vet appointment but I was hoping someone might have an idea what this could be? I attached two pictures.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It could be a mast cell tumor.
We have been managing one on our 11 year old boxer Ginger with 2.5mg of prednisone once every other day. We tried several other methods. Including surgery. With tumors on the foot its hard to get clean margins and they will likely come back. We didn’t want to cut her leg off. We tried Tagamet and Benadryl it’s hard on her body. She has no side effects from the small dose of pred and the tumor is not getting larger.
I hope it’s not cancer on your dog. But if it is it’s not the end of the world. The mast cells are easier to manage than something like large cell lymphoma.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there - my border collie (nearly 12 and very active still), has developed a lump that looks just like the picture shown. It's on the top of his paw - I have searched the internet but the 'symptoms' do not suggest mast cell tumour. It's not red, hot, and not worrying my dog except that he is limping. I have been resting him (difficult in an active collie!) and the limping is less, but if I walk him again, the limping returns. I will take him to the vet but I was just wondering if you had a diagnosis Rub's owner please. Thanks

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Hi there - my border collie (nearly 12 and very active still), has developed a lump that looks just like the picture shown. It's on the top of his paw - I have searched the internet but the 'symptoms' do not suggest mast cell tumour. It's not red, hot, and not worrying my dog except that he is limping. I have been resting him (difficult in an active collie!) and the limping is less, but if I walk him again, the limping returns. I will take him to the vet but I was just wondering if you had a diagnosis Rub's owner please. Thanks
I was just thinking that maybe this could be some kind of joint sprain or maybe the dog has somehow fractured one of its toe bones. Maybe an xray will show something?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts