Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

There is a lump/swelling developed in the butt of our eight years old female boxer. The size of the lump/swelling is changing from day to day, and it seems that it gets bigger after a very active day full of exercises, plays, etc. We are suspicious that anal glands might be forming!? Next week we will see a vet about this. From the attached photo you can have a better idea about the problem. If anyone has experienced something like that with their dogs, pls let us know what that could be.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I don’t think that is an anal gland issue. Maybe more like swelling in the hip joint would explain why it’s larger after playing. As always it’s a good idea to get any swelling or growth on your dog checked out especially when they are older. Let us know what the Vet says

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey here is an update about the swelling on the butt. The vet did the examination, and later took a piece via a needle for further analysis. The sweling was due to lipoma which is a tissue formed under the skin. Luckily it is not anal gland or a possible cancer as we were worried about. The vet said this is NOT malignant! and if it grows bigger it can be removed by an operation. The other thing which we have learnt is that some senior dogs are prone to have such lipoma formation in their bodies. Thanks for your concerns and replies guys. Have a great weekend!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Yes that is fantastic news! I had a lipoma removed from one of my previous dogs as well and it was not cancer the vet explained to me that lipomas are usually soft and move under the tissue the hard fixated lumps are more worrisome but for safety’s sake all lumps bumps should be investigated by the vet so glad it turned out well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts