Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Just curious if anyone elses boxer has ever come up with a lump under their skin? We just found one under Mia's skin
near her spine/shoulder blade. I immediatly googled it & found some interesting stuff. One website I found said it was really no big deal & that some breeds of dogs (boxer being one of the most common) get these quite often. Of course I will be up at 7am tomorrow when the vet opens to make an appt. but I was just curious if anyone else had eve heard of this or experienced it????
Thanks 4 all the help in advance! :?:  :?:  :?:  :(

·
Registered
291 Posts
sometimes it could be a reaction to a shot, have you recently got shots? the girls here can give you more info, but it is always best to have any lumps checked as in humans- you never know. I am sure mia will be fine let us all know.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I second that...both of my boys have had lumps in that area after shots(typically given in that area) at first I was worried because I had only seen it in Mic, but when I found the same thing on Indy and called the vet they said the lumps from shots can last 4 weeks!!  Hard to say...when did she last have shots? The area makes me think that's it...but, it all depends on her having had shots...hope you find all is well...I can tell you that Jackson(Sis in laws boxer) had a lump that turned out to be a fatty tumor(apparently common in Boxers) and they removed it and that was all there was to it! If you're worried...better to have it checked!

Let us know!

:)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Buster had 4 lumps removed at one time, and all four were benign. Being that Mia is a boxer and lumps are very common, they should always be checked out just to be sure it isn't serious. Who knows, it could even be a mosquito bite or something. I hope it is nothing to worry about.  :)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Wishing Mia all the best at the vet's!  Chloe has two lumps right now. One is slowly going away so the vet wants to hold off for 2 weeks to see if the other one will go away on it's on too. We are hoping she is just highly allergic to bug bites. Please let us know how it goes at the vet's.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, we have a vet appt Monday morning at 10:30. I'm really hoping its one of those "boxer things" & is normal but u never know. We lost 1 shepard we had to cancer, so its always in the back of my mind with Mia & Scout. She had an allergy shot about a month ago but I'm not sure if its that or not, that just seems to long for something to develop. I'll keep u all posted & thanks for the thoughts/comments! You've all helped ease my mind

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
mias_mommy\";p=\"23989 said:
She had an allergy shot about a month ago but I'm not sure if its that or not, that just seems to long for something to develop.
They can sometimes take up to 6 weeks to show up and once you notice them can take 3 to 4 weeks to go away :)
Let us know what you find out Monday.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Layla's lump came a little over a week after her shot. But her vet told me they could take up to a month and a half to show up too. He also told he hers could take a couple months to go away. Good luck at the vet and please let us know what is going on!!!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Lilly had a knot like that removed when I had her spayed.  It turned out that it was just a burst cyst.  I agree that you should get it checked out.  Better safe than sorry.  Best of Luck...

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Hope Mia is ok and the lump is nothing serious.  Let us know what the vet says.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We took Mia to the vet this morning. The Dr said it could be *anything*
He took 4 needles full to biopsy & said they would call with the results by Wednesday
He also gave her 2 shots in case she has an allergic reaction to the biopsy.
He said sometimes when u aspirate them to get cells the bump or tumor tends to burst & if she is allergic to whatever
is in it, it will spread into her body, so he gave her a shot to counteract that & another one for pain.
Looks like we should know something soon
Keep your paws & fingers crossed its nothing serious!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah and I are keeping paws and fingers crossed that the tests come back negative for anything serious.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts