Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever do Lure Coursing with their Boxer?  Moorea absolutely loves it.  She gets all worked up when she just sees a knot in the line.

·
Registered
291 Posts
no but if the boys gt dstracted during a walk i use a flashlight or laser to catch their attention  a lure may be fun!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
They have a lure course at the boxer bash, Kiah went crazy watching the other dogs while waiting for her turn.  This was Oct last year.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh my gosh, Kiah is too cute.  She looks lilke she is enjoying herself.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
She just loved, thanks for the compliment.  Moorea is very pretty, did you create your own lure course or is that one that you can go too?  Ours was motorized and they had a plastic bag that made a lot of noise as it went around the course.  It was $1 for each circuit and Kiah did three.  All of the lure course money went to the rescue but the guy who does it makes his money on the photos they take that you can purchase.  We are going again in September.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No we didn't create our own.  The flyball team that she runs on was having a demo at a doggy fun day.  So she did her demo then we went and did lure coursing.  It was 5 dollars per dog per run.  The money went to the school that we were at.  So our Maltese did it too.  I can't wait to see pictures of Kiah in September.  Does your other dog like lure coursing?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I just got Keegan the end of March and he likes to chase birds so I am thinking he will like it too.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I've never seen that before. Looks and sounds very interesting!  :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think he would definitley love it.  Lure coursing really gets their prey drive going.

G

·
0 Posts
i would love to find something like that in my area for Binga.  she would love it.  bear is still too young for anything that requires any sort of attention span.  haha.  he needs to grow into his feet first too.

what age can they start doing things like that?  don't they have to be older to start agility?  two years?

i love the action shots of Moorea and Kiah.  those are the best.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Moorea just started Lure coursing. She will be 2 tomorrow.  We started flyball at 8 months old.  I am not sure of any places where you live.  But try to find a doggy fun day where they offer a few different sports in one place.  We had frisbee, agility, lure coursing and flyball last weekend.  You can start doing little things with Bear now, Bing should be ready for anything now.  They are adorable.

·
Registered
236 Posts
[quote="kiahsmom\";p=\"120288":3pktym8h]They have a lure course at the boxer bash, Kiah went crazy watching the other dogs while waiting for her turn.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I am designing one at home as we speak for Daphne cause she is so fast and just constantly does the burns around the yard.  Once the fence goes up pretty soon I will start building it and then post pictures.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I need to figure something like that for Ace. He litteraly has worn dog my grass in a wide circle shape from running "track" as I call it 8O  8O

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

This is an example that I found on you tube.  mine will be similiar however less things in the way....

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Since it is not forced and on grass, I don't think it would be too much of a problem for the dogs.  Kiah was almost 14 months in those pictues.

We don't have any fly ball close so we are going to try agility, classes starts May 21 but I understand the first class is more obedience then anything else.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts