Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and peed all over my comfy chair... it is fabric and I can not get the smell out...

WHAT WORKS????

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I also have a woolite pet order and stain remover that works really good too -

Also here is a home remedy for pet urine -

Pet Urine on Carpet: First, blot up what you can with paper towels. Then, with warm, soapy water and a clean cloth, blot the area clean; rinse with clean water; blot until dry. Next, combine 1/3 cup white vinegar with 2/3 cup water and dab it on stain; rinse with clean water; blot until dry. Once the area is totally dry (at least 24 hours), sprinkle entire carpet with baking soda or rug deodorizer; vacuum after a few hours.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
i have noticed that sometimes ita can take awhile for nm to work , as it dries the odor evaporates.sometimes it reqiures another application.  sumya crapped on my rug in the front when she was having stomach problems :sick: and it took about three weeks and 4 applications but the odor came out eventually...  i would totally give hanna's home remedy a try, it sounds promising.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
white vinegar is the best...even takes out male cat marking smell which is unreal ! we have alot of feral cats here in hawaii and boy do they love to come and mark things that arent theirs !!! grrrrrrrrrrrr my patio furniture..

·
Registered
663 Posts
I've heard of people removing odors and stains from carpet with shaving cream.  haven't used it on furniture, but it got red stains out of white carpet.

Also, if it is dry where you are you might let it air dry outside for a while.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
first of all i wish i could known about that white vinegar and cat markings with my old cat...grrrrr oh well haha. I would say if nothing works and the chair is a fav you may want to rent a shampoo machine. My parents have used it with the furniture brush or whatever to get stains out of furniture and smells. What i am thinking is that NM says that you should really soak up the urine with paper towels before you appy it. in a piece of furniture perhaps the urine is absorbed too deep down for you to remove a lot of it. If you use a furniture shampoo machine to suck out dirt and any urine in the material then apply the NM maybe it will work better. THIS IS A LAST RESORT!! lol I would try everything else first and if not shampoo it to try and rid it of smell.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I've heard that Rubbing Alcohol will work to get the smell out, and it doesn't hurt the fabric. That what the breeder told me to do for Harley.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I went and bought a carpet steam cleaner...just for these types of problems!!! I use pet stain and odor remover to clean it, then i actually run a cycle of NM through as well. Havent had a problem getting rid of smells yet!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts