Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. I've decided to have a moan. It's about that poor little missing British girl in Portugal. (Don't know if she's been found yet). The parents left her (age 3) and her twin siblings (age 2) alone in an apartment and went out to dine with collegues (100 yards away). The poor little girl was kidnapped, and only God knows what's happened to her.
Now the parents are Doctors and nobody seems to be questionning the fact they went and left the kids alone!!!! Celebrities are even donating money etc. etc.
Now the parents are being MORE than punished for their negligence so i'm not even going to mention it again - it's just a nightmare for them.
But the press are showing such double standards. If the parents had been some poor couple on well-fare, benefits, whatever - they would be the witch hunted. But because they're educated middle class it hasn't even been mentioned???? Shocking - well i think so anyway :roll:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
That is so sad! i have trouble leaving my little girl with my boyfriend just to run to the store. I keep doing the "sure you dont want me to take her with me?" dance :)

I would wonder about the parenting skills though. it is a shame she was taken and i hope she returns, but lord what where they thinking???

·
Registered
948 Posts
Haven't heard the story..

My parents are raising my step sisters daughter and when I'm watching her.. She's never alone! If she goes outside in the yard (its fenced) and I can't get out there right away, I send Toby out with her.. He'd kill someone before they stepped inside the gate.. Kind of off topic, but if I didn't have Toby the little gypsy would be strapped to my hip!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sorry, Caillou, I think you're being unfair to the parents here.  They were dining outside the restaurant and could see their apartment from where they were sitting, and checked on the children every 30 minutes.  I know plenty of people who do this on holidays and my own parents used to leave us up in the apartment while they had a nightcap in the bar.

Tragically, even a parent's presence in the home sometimes can't stop things like this happening - look at JonBenet Ramsay and Elizabeth Smart.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
woah I disagree too. I would never leave my daughter alone. Expecially if I'm leaving a building, and going across the street. what good is looking up into a window going to do? Obviously nothing.

and both those children you mentioned, they still suspect the parents of foul play dont they?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Actually no - the Boulder police have long since accepted that the Ramsays had nothing to do with JonBenet's disappearance (which, incidentally, was always the opinion of the outside investigator who was brought in to assist on the case).

Elizabeth Smart was abducted by a handyman who had done work on their house.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
oh wait, wasn't Elizabeth smart the one who was held in a home nearly right behind her parents house?

and how it's possible these days to get away with murder is still beyond me...
but then again, why anyone would want to murder someone is an even better question.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
[quote="Honeyec\";p=\"9045":1atxgciw]Sorry, Caillou, I think you're being unfair to the parents here.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
[quote="Honeyec\";p=\"9080":fb3iiwpn]I certainly don't have any children and never intend to!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Even though people are intelligent doesn't always mean they have common sense.  I know people who are highly intelligent but cannot comprehend the more common things in life.  I think that this is a tragedy that did not need to happen.  Whatever the outcome I don't have a good feeling about this one.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
My boyfriends mother used to leave his younger brother alone all the time, she was an alcoholic and she would leave him to go hangout at the bar... There were countless times that he would call us hysterical because he didnt know where she was and he was scared and he was older then those kids...   he is 12 now, and he is living with his dad, and he visited some family member on his dads side and stayed over.  His aunt found him in a closet, and he said he used to go in the closet when his mother left him alone.

Its was a traumatizing experience for him and he was probably between the ages of 5 and 9 when this happened to him.  These kids are 2 and 3... that is just ridiculous.  GET A BABY SITTER!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
after my daughter was born it took me 2 years to let anyone watch her. The first few times she stayed the night at my parents house, I was a nervous wreck.

I dont know why, my mom did just fine with me..but I still panic a little bit. lol

and we've yet to have anyone other than my parents watch her. I just don't trust people with my child.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I plan on having kids some day but I'd be to worried to let anyone else watch them... Thats why, like with the dogs, I opt to stay home...

·
Registered
521 Posts
[quote="JessiesMom\";p=\"9097":1uos2skq]My boyfriends mother used to leave his younger brother alone all the time, she was an alcoholic and she would leave him to go hangout at the bar... There were countless times that he would call us hysterical because he didnt know where she was and he was scared and he was older then those kids...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts