Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our sweet Maggie, our princess, the matriarch of our home lost her battle with cancer and earned her wings. We picked you out when you were 10 days old, then waited anxiously until it was time to bring you home. You were our first and daddy made a rule before we got you. No DOGS on the furniture. Funny how you weren't here 10 minutes and daddy had you on the sofa snuggling for a nap. So much for rules! You were the smart one, the sensitive one, and of course the demanding one. You knew what time it was and had no problem reminding us it was dinnertime. You learned everything so quickly and yet you still had a stubborn streak. Our home will not be the same without you, I wish we had more time together. Mongo must have been so happy to see you when you crossed over the bridge. Rest easy sweetheart until we meet again. Mommy and daddy love and miss you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm so sad for you and know how hard it is to lose our sweet girls. I hope you will find peace thinking of the good times with Maggie.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Aww man I'm so sorry to hear of this. And sign ... the ten year thing ....

Does this mean you are currently "Boxerless???" In any case you have my heartfelt sympathies ... take care. :(

·
Super Moderator
13,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does this mean you are currently "Boxerless???" In any case you have my heartfelt sympathies ... take care. :(
Not "Boxerless" - after we lost Mongo we took some time, then started looking for a sibling for Maggie as she seemed lonely. It took a while to find the right breeder / puppy, but we got her a sibling (a little brother) - unfortunately we lost Maggie 2 days after getting a puppy.

P.S. - She wasn't sick when this was all planned

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Not "Boxerless" - after we lost Mongo we took some time, then started looking for a sibling for Maggie as she seemed lonely. It took a while to find the right breeder / puppy, but we got her a sibling (a little brother) - unfortunately we lost Maggie 2 days after getting a puppy.

P.S. - She wasn't sick when this was all planned
Oh man the phrase, "punched in the gut" comes to mind. :(

She wasn't strong able to continue on with life's journey ... but she was able to hang in there, long enough to meet your new charge. Most likely she felt you two would do fine, her job was done and she could go. Again I'm so sorry for your loss, take care.

·
Registered
42 Posts
thinking of you

Oh so sorry about your girl...your tribute was beautiful...each boxer has a special place in our hearts and she'll always be with you. All the firsts will hurt for a while but things will get better. I too lost my only baby Jas in January but feel strength knowing she is with me always. Try to focus on the good memories when you think of her. Ten years is a LONG time in boxer years. I feel that was the gift I was given. Hang in there....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts